Author Topic: See if you know the Answer...Why is Santa a Woman  (Read 3204 times)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Re: See if you know the Answer...Why is Santa a Woman
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 23:06:12 PM »
There was a sicko Santa interfering with children in Asda, Perth,  a few years ago.   After that they made the display open so that everybody could see the child.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 01:37:10 AM »
Yep female Nursery workers are the safest, proof?  read on Vanessa George and co  can vouch the fact.
[/size]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345830/Paedophile-Colin-Blanchard-jailed-indefinitely-attacks-nursery-school-children.html

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:44 AM »
The people making up these rules make me so angry - things like banning photos/videos at nativity plays, children of different genders 'not allowed' to share a bedroom after a certain age (9 I think) and not sitting on Santa's knee......
For goodness sake,  if a paedophile want to film kids, there is no need to go to a nativity - any play area will do.
How will preventing kids sharing a room after a certain age prevent incest if that is the way the family is ?
How can a bad Santa molest kids with the parents stood watching at a Grotto?

These rules tend to be obeyed by the very people who would not allow any of the above to happen.  The people we really should be worrying about don't take any notice of the law anyway. 

Offline Marggie

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
The people we really should be worrying about don't take any notice of the law anyway. 

Well said Sue, couldn't agree more. 

Offline Shamless2

See if you know the Answer...Why is Santa a Woman
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
I also agree, what a crock, wouldn't it be great if "rules" could save children from misery?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »
The way of thinking is, it would be easy for a man to sexually abuse a child sitting on his knee, even in full view of parents,  but not possible for a woman to do the same thing.

Nurseries are now extra strict.  The one my Granddaughter goes to two afternoons per week is like Fort Knox.  No one gets in without buzzing and being recognised. My Daughter was standing with a lady last week and when she buzzed the staff let my Daughter in but refused the lady who was a child's Grannie, come to pick her up, they refused admission because they did not know her.  They made her stand outside until they made a phone call to the child's Mother and even then they demanded I.D.  Inside the Nursery are security cameras on the walls, but no mobile phones or cameras are allowed inside the place, even staff phones etc.,  The Christmas Photograher was checked out and had special permission to only take the Santa pictures.  There is a list of rules and regulations as long as your arm.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 11:06:16 AM »
Last year I was made to stop taking photo's of my grandson and his dad in the public swimming baths. There were only three other groups of families in the place,well away from my shots but  "It's the rules". I think common sense has been banned as well.  Utter madness.!!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
The way of thinking is, it would be easy for a man to sexually abuse a child sitting on his knee, even in full view of parents,  but not possible for a woman to do the same thing.

Someone is going to have to explain that to me I'm afraid :-\

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
I think I know where Jacqui's coming from but then that leads to the train of thought that the child isn't actually being 'abused" as would be unaware -  so now we get into the realms of the 'thought-police'.  How do you know for sure what the woman is thinking with the child on her knee?
You can't take pictures of other people's kids (even by accident - ie in  the background) in case the picture gets into the hands of a paedophile.  Now tell me, what harm becomes of the child in the picture if that does happen? 

I know there are lots of different scenarios but I'm being very simplistic to make  point.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »
And on the other side of the coin, how many good people are not going to bother volunteering to do it anymore because of the hassle. Sadly everyone loses.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf