Author Topic: Easy Jet Hand Baggage Info (Jan 2013)  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Easy Jet Hand Baggage Info (Jan 2013)
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 00:40:01 AM »
Going to a concert in Munich in April. Can I have a pc of hand luggage AND a duty free bag with Smirnoff in it, or will I have to double up?
 ;D

Offline angela

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:17:23 AM »
at Duty Free in Gatwick you can buy a hessian shopping bag for your purchases (some of which is for charity) which you can actually stuff all sorts in, as long as its only the one,  they never look in it at the gate.

Offline marina

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 17:17:16 PM »
I have used EJ a lot lately to go to Jersey and I was under the impression that one bag was the lilit.  Duty free and handbags had to fit in that.  It will be good if you can at least carry duty free.
This is what we were told at Manchester last year going out to Dalman, they made everybody stuff duty frees in hand luggage, but found out after we'd come  back (on CBF) that we should have been allowed to take a separate bag of duty free.  Am being prepared this year and taking a copy of their 'rules' to the airport with me in case some 'jobsworth' tries to stop me.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 17:42:38 PM »
I was told this in Duty Free earlier this month when I was making a second purchase. They get on my nerves with all their restrictions!

Mr Pookie's solution :   drink the excess before you get to the gate ;0)  x

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 19:59:21 PM »
Mr Pookie is very sensible.  Before he starts on the duty free..xx

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 20:21:19 PM »
when we have flown with them in the past we have had one piece of hand luggage each and the plastic see through duty free bag normally one between us... they normally announce this at the gate when you start boarding so you should be fine Toky...  last year and I can not remember whether my flight was with T. Cook or Easyjet but we were delayed I had been to duty free and bought two bottles of spirits for my cousin was bored due to the delay so went back to duty free and treated myself to two bottles of decent wine for balcony consumption, I tried putting it all in one of the bags but it was too heavy and i was worried the bag would give way so i thought I would chance it, when we were boarding the girl at the gate glanced at my duty frees but i gave her evils as we were delayed and she did not say a word.. Actually I have just remembered it was Thomas Cook and it was in May and we had a 2.5 hour delay and that was what I was going to say had they complained that I had to sop some more due to the delay...
I like the idea of the hessain bag may buy one of those this year  :)   

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 21:02:32 PM »
I remember Manchester Airport did a promotion - 6 litres of Smirnoff/Dewars/Bacardi for £30 and you got a free hessian bag (which is more of a wine carrier with 6 compartments - an excellent product). It was impossible to resist.

It also means they can't see through the bag at Dalaman.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 07:18:10 AM »
We have two of these hessian bottle bags, they were free with 6 litres in the good old days when it was 5 litres for £35. One for us and one for our friends who bring a further 6 litres for us when they come over.  Happy days!!

Offline angela

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 10:50:31 AM »
The one I bought  at gatwick is a proper shopping bag, not with bottle compartments, so I even managed to get my small handbag it it out of sight. Makes me feel I have won,  albeit a very small victory!   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf