Author Topic: At last, the right person gets an award  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
At last, the right person gets an award
« on: February 27, 2013, 10:42:09 AM »
A friend of mine has recently been awarded the M.B.E.  however, she is not a film star a pop star or a musician.
Sheena is the sort of person that IMO  should be award an honour, it is richly deserved.   Sheena has worked for the Cancer Research in Peterhead for twenty five years.  Even though there is no mention of it in the article Sheena suffers from Chrohns disease and has been in and out of hospital for operations and now has very little of her bowel left. Before her award she had to go into hospital for an operation on her back as she could hardly walk without pain, but still came into work.  I was amazed to see her carrying boxes up the stairs, but this is so like her not to make a fuss.     She works so hard for the Cancer Research and has raised huge amounts of money.  She recruited me about 15 years ago so that the shop did not make a mistake and put out an valuable items, which has worked out well and I have to say I really enjoy going in to help out.   It's a shame that her news was only in the local paper because people like Sheena should be in the National Newspapers.
This is the piece in our local paper
http://www.buchanobserver.co.uk/community/groups-and-communities/mbe-a-big-surprise-for-dedicated-charity-volunteer-sheena-1-2809118

Offline valleyboy

Re: At last, the right person gets an award
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »
It's great news when the "unsung heroes" are recognised, well done Sheena !!!   :)

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »
Agreed, there are far to many awards handed out to people just for being famous and who are paid an awful lot of money to sing or act.  This sounds like a richly deserved award, congratulations  Sheena.   :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »
I completely agree with you Jacqui. I'm very pleased for Sheena, recognition well deserved.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
Congratulations Sheena.  Well deserved.

Offline ringo

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »
Well done ,well deserved nice to hear.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 18:16:44 PM »
Congratulations Sheena.  Well deserved.

Well done Jacqui for your contribution to the shop.  I am sure it is well appreciated and must have made some extra cash for the cause.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf