Author Topic: What Does Calis Need Most to Attract Tourists?  (Read 12220 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: What Does Calis Need Most to Attract Tourists?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:40 AM »
Re the beach I could understand the lack of interest in cleaning the beach if it was huge but the depth of the beach is easily manageable for it to be segmented and cared for.
A couple of yeas ago I was at Olu and watched a few men raking the big stones on the beach into piles then they dug holes and buried the stones.
The difference was very visible.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 08:40:42 AM »
Cheaper flights and accommodation.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:38 AM »
Who makes the mess on the beach???
I think there should be more Eco lessons in the schools. Then the message would start to get back to
The adults. More signage at the beach and fines if caught littering.
No pain no gain.
Digging the roads may not please people, but its a good thing in general.
The changes in the last 10 years have been amazing.
I also think that if there was a built in cost for final  planning permits that included Builders rubbish, that might
Illiminate the problem.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 09:24:53 AM »
As a country that loves to "fine" someone just needs to explain to local politicians how much money they could raise by fining those who leave rubbish around - I am sure they would see the eco benefits then as well  :)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »

Spot on with that proposal Ian,the London woman caught throwing litter from a car window and fined £400 will hopefully not do it again!         
 We have used other parts of the beach but prefer the Surf Cafe as they do make the effort to attract custom.Other bars could follow suit,a few ton of sand and the world is your oyster  8) Benidorms two beaches were man made many years ago,not that I would like Calis to grow that big.   So much has been done in the 8 years since we have been coming,many improvements,and it's not far away from being a great little resort,with some lovely people,some we know others we will no doubt meet as the years go on.
                    Badge   

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
That's much of the frustration for me - it is not a major thing. We don't need a marina or a culture centre, two men with a black bag starting at opposite ends of the prom picking up litter each morning would make a massive difference.

Offline poppy50

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 12:49:51 PM »
Requires customer service big time and followed through with Customer Relationship Management.    ;)

Offline jerron

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 13:04:24 PM »
We love Calis and would love to see some simple improvements.  We have an apartment with a small parcel of land with trees in front and it appalls us that dog owners, (many of them British) allow their dogs to use this as their private toilet and do not clean up after them.  We also hate the barking dogs, why do Turks have dogs that they keep tied up on small lengths of string all the time.  No wonder the dogs bark, they are so frustrated.  It is so cruel. This seems the trend all over the place in Calis.  The litter problem is also appalling. We can't understand when it is such a lovely area that people do not take pride in it. The Beach is a mess and we totally agree with Scunner about each restaurant along the front being in charge of their own patch of beach, keeping it tidy and providing beds free of charge to their customers.  Also,  as somebody also mentioned it would be great if the flights were cheaper, this would definitely attract more people.

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 13:07:31 PM »
I think there should be more Eco lessons in the schools. Then the message would start to get back to
The adults.

State schools educate the children with regards to the environment and only last week my sons class were shown a video on the effects of littering and the dangers to animals and the environment.
There has always been issues with the use of litter bins in the Fethiye area after the bombings quite a few years ago, that is why not many are seen, but there are litter bins along the promenade.
I also think that the restaurants should look after 'their' bit of the beach but again if they do they come under fire from the restaurants on the main road!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 13:19:07 PM »
Don't forget it wasn't too long ago that it was the UK that needed educating in litter - huge advertising campaigns etc.

It worked and let's hope it works there too. I was sick of seeing plastic water bottles flying out of moving cars in Turkey.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf