Author Topic: Bill Roach Questioned.  (Read 4431 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Bill Roach Questioned.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 17:35:53 PM »
I don't like the bloke, and particularly his politics, but here we go again with the police on 'fishing expeditions' for historical sexual abuse cases.  What really kisses me off though is the fact that the press are aware at the time of any celebrity arrest has taken place and who it is.  He and the other celebs at least deserve protection of their identity, in the same way as the victim of any sexual crime.

Offline Fran

Bill Roach Questioned.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 19:11:30 PM »
I wouldn't call it a fishing expedition, someone must have made the complaint for the police to investigate it. Wether there is enough evidence to charge him is another matter.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 19:49:57 PM »
There must be a complaint,there mut be grounds for arrest,that arrest must pass the necessity test - no such thing as a fishing expedtion in this day and age.Iam sure his highly paid lawyer would sort that out straight away.
Sex with minors - dependant upon the age this is Rape no two ways about it.
As far as anonymity for celebrities goes - no thank you ,they live their lives and make their money in public so they dont have the right to an off switch when it is convenient.
We dwell far too much on the sensational and not enough on the victims in these cases.

Offline Fran

Bill Roach Questioned.
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 20:32:53 PM »
Well said Steve, and as he has just been charged with 2 counts of raping a 15 year old, the evidence must have been sufficient to pass the charging threshold.

Offline King Frat

Bill Roach Questioned.
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 20:42:10 PM »
Just been charged with two counts of raping a 15 yr old girl in 1967.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 01:00:37 AM »
Just been charged with two counts of raping a 15 yr old girl in 1967.
Why didn't she go to the police or, at least, tell her parents in 1967? I don't condone any of these pervs but the words jump and bandwagon come to mind almost as much as sexual and abuse!!!

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 06:25:30 AM »
Yes Kenkay, it does make you think........

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 07:17:25 AM »
I think, llike the Savile case, a lot of girls thought they would not have been believed.  Also, like the Savile case we have to remember some of these girls did complain and at the time and the police took no action.
It's best to wait for the case to come to court before we judge this woman who has made the accusation.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 07:55:22 AM »
I agree we should wait for the court case to establish innocence or guilt, but how do you prepare a defence for something that happened nearly fifty years ago?  I'd have problem remembering where I was fifty days ago.  At this stage I am not sure that justice is being served here, for both victim and alleged perpetrator.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Bill Roach Questioned.
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 10:01:25 AM »
More bad news for Bill, I noticed in the picture taken of him last night in his car, the road tax is due. It never rains but pours !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf