Author Topic: Exchange Rate  (Read 14173 times)

Offline peter16

Exchange Rate
« on: August 15, 2013, 15:22:03 PM »
Is this a good or bad thing ???? £1=TL3.117  :o :-\

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Exchange Rate
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 15:47:16 PM »
A good thing if you are changing from £ to TL  :), but not the other way :(

It could also mean that Erdogoan will have to curtail (permanently or temporarily??) his low interest rate strategy, which is good news for many savers here, but then again the downside is that this will further increase inflation in Turkey ......... still he can always tax booze, fags and motoring again to pay off his increasing government debt!!!

Offline kimmy216

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 15:50:42 PM »
excellent rate..i go every year and never got a rate that high

Offline pstevens

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 16:33:20 PM »
Sounds good to me i am in calis 29aug for 2weeks  ,can afford even more tuborgs and garlic prawns great news

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 17:19:54 PM »
Im forecasting 3.25 by the end of August  ;)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 18:00:22 PM »
I'm pleased with £498.30 for 1,500 ytl.  Better to take a good rate now than gamble on it being more in a couple of weeks.  Someone wrote on FB that they were only getting 2.7 ytl for £ in the Midlands today.  A program on TV recently showed the differences in the exchange rate in the UK even between the same company.  Apparently some managers can fix their own rate to increase business.  3.25 to the £ would see a BIG rush to the banks in Turkey.  Of course, the Turkish Government don't want people taking money out of the country in large amounts.  Friends who sold their house have been waiting for the rate to drop so that they don't take too big a hit as the house was sold in YTL and it's not happening.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
Wow! Amazing rate, I'm wondering whether to get some TRY now in the UK or wait a bit longer ......... I usually always wait until I get to Calis and use Zumrut.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 13:51:26 PM »
fantastic i've never known it that high either! the price of Angora at the Sat is just about matching a bottle of PG in a good restaurant here now at around £15- unless its higher than the 45ytl it was last year!

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 18:57:00 PM »
I'm coming to Calis for the first two weeks in October.  Do I stick or twist?  2.8TL to £1 in my neck of the woods at present, so maybe I'll change £200 and look around for a good rate in either Calis or Fethiye.  :-\

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 23:01:59 PM »
Travel FX are the best online rate I have found   http://travelfx.co.uk/index.php  and  best price promise  http://affiliate.travelfx.co.uk/BestPricePromise/29/index.php

I used them for some Lira before we went away this June and If I remember correctly my bank rate while in Turkey was only a few 0.03 more than Travel FX, but also did not check in resort rate during my stay. not 100% sure but I think it was 2.80-2.85 TL in June.

Ps: I can still remember the 2.20 TL rate from only 2-3yr ago, and when spending nearly £2K that's some difference.
So for me this years rate was very good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf