Author Topic: Things I hate to see in Calis.  (Read 6564 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Things I hate to see in Calis.
« on: September 19, 2013, 15:47:55 PM »
We had lunch in Vojo's one day and before coming in we saw some people walking along the road with them was an enormous man in union jack swimming trunks and the biggest belly I have ever seen.  I remarked he must be off to the beach.
Once in Vojo's and just about to start lunch the said guy came in  with three friends all dressed in shorts and tee shirts.  They sat at the next table to us.  He could hardly fit his belly into the seat in front of the table.  He put his big sweaty tattooed back on the seat.   I don't have anything against large people, but why wear swimming trunks and no top in a restaurant and mess up the back of a seat?
I have seen this many times in Hisaronu, sad it has now come to Calis.
I do wish the restaurant owners would put up signs asking people to wear a top in the restaurant. I for one, do not want to come into the restaurant in the evening and put my back on the same seat as some sweaty topless guy has been using, it's so unhygienic.   >:( :o

Offline Christie

Re: Things I hate to see in Calis.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 16:05:12 PM »
Agree - totally unacceptable.  Someone came into Bella Mama at lunch time without his top on and the manager went straight up to him and asked him to put his vest on. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 16:45:43 PM »
Jacqui, if you have nothing against large people why mention his belly twice? In fact it wasn't really relevant to your (justified) concern about bare flesh on seats so why mention at all?
That's "fat-ist" that is....tut, tut.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 17:29:40 PM »
Well actually, his belly was so big it was also pressed on the table in front of him, if anyone has a large belly like this I want to see it covered over. Then it would not bother me.  A huge sweaty belly right next to me whilst I am eating is a horrible sight....So if that is fat-ist ... so be it. ;D   ;)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 17:36:23 PM »
Sounds pretty yuk!

Offline madmart

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 18:16:44 PM »
Perhaps the restaurants, rather than serving up flat bread to these types could serve a red hot sizzling dish as an appetizer!!

I normally rail against signs instructing people to do something. Perhaps I should go back to my previous comment about 'holiday glasses'.

Most English pubs will not serve people who are bare chested why do they think being on holiday anywhere should be different. I would hate to see signs telling people of acceptable standards, but let's not give Erdogan too many excuses would maybe a good policy.

Problem of course is that most of the slobbo brits I am talking about probably do not know who the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland is, let alone the Turkish PM!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 18:19:19 PM »
Northern Ireland is in the United Kingdom, it doesn't need a special mention!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 18:25:44 PM »
This reminds me of a time I saw an extremely large bellied, un T-shirted, Union Jack shorted, drunken Brit staggering towards the Dolphin roundabout. I hadn't seen one in Calis quite so stereotype perfect before. He underestimated the kerb height and staggered forward into a car waiting at the junction, with quite a bang. The owner of the car, a very tall and extremely thin Turkish guy, got out to see if there was any damage. The drunken yob then decided it was the car driver's fault for being there in the first place and started giving him abuse.

The skinny Turkish guy, almost incredibly, then battered hell out of the yob, got back in his car and went on his way. Priceless.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 18:26:48 PM »
Jacqui, maybe we did meet after all!    :)

Offline katy11

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 20:45:45 PM »
the thing I do not like see to is females of any age walking in the street or round the markets wearing
just a skimpy bikini top, it's not the sort of thing they would back home so why do it here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf