Author Topic: There still scaming your cards  (Read 1999 times)

Offline micky mouse

There still scaming your cards
« on: October 03, 2013, 12:59:26 PM »
Had a call from one of my sons today informing me that his debit card had been scamed,dont quite know how much yet,he booked a transfer in june with a2b and a flight back from turkey with thomascook that's the only time that he used his card so all things point to someone at a2b,so beware when booking online yet again.They seem to wait awhile before making transactions on your cards as they did with me and the mrs earlier in the year.

Offline susuz.1

Re: There still scaming your cards
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 14:35:30 PM »
You would have thought that the Banks/Police would have caught this person by now? It beggars belief that the authorities allow the same fraud to continue month after month - after all, it is all of us the customers who pay for this in the end.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 14:47:09 PM »
It's not very likely to be a person, it's a hacking of the website problem and a2b keep saying their site is secure.
I'm not sure ultimately who ends up paying what, the banks retrieve the money from the likes of O2 , not sure where O2 then recover their money from though.
I'm just so glad to have a new card at last, a pain without it,
I need to book 2 transfers and just don't want to risk it again, been holding back hoping would be resolved and sad to read its still happening.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 15:16:26 PM »
Linda, we use transfers4cheap/holidayhoppa not to be confused with resorthoppa who are part of A2B.  You can pay by Paypal or pay the driver. then you have no worries.

http://www.transfers4cheap.com/

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 15:32:32 PM »
Thanks Margie! I really wanted to use a2b as it's my mums first visit and I can explain exactly where the transfer desk is etc.
Where do you meet the transfer bus with the one you've sent the link to?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 16:54:26 PM »
When your Mum arrives in Dalaman, she goes down the ramp to desks 21 & 22 where they will have her name on a list.  Get her to ring or text you when she is nearing your arranged drop-off point and you can meet her.  Alternatively if you live near a hotel you could use it for drop-off and pick-up.

We live near the Tax Office so I give that as a landmark and get picked up on our return at the 24/7 shop on the corner by what we call the Magic Roundabout, it used to have lights on it.

There is a UK telephone number that you could Skype or you can use "chat" before making your booking.  The first time we used them was for a friend of mine who panics for Britain and I got all my questions answered before booking.  On your confirmation their will be local number for you to confirm return pick-up.

Just check the 'pay driver' box when booking.

If they have nobody else booked for this area they send a taxi/car.   :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 17:12:01 PM »
Thanks so much Margie! that all sounds great x

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
We have had 2 cards for the same account compromised within the last month, and I can say for sure that A2B / Resorthoppa were not to blame. Luckily Nationwide blocked the cards and I could not use either for internet / phone transactions. The cards were used to try and obtain top up for O2 and a purchase in Austarlia. Whilst I have used both the cards to make purchases via the internet, I have used a VINN Turkcell connection attached to my computer and all sites that I have used have been fairly reputable companies...Monarch, Easyjet, Pay Pal, Amazon etc.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »
So are you saying you didnt use resorthoppa or a2b Lorraine?

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:54 AM »
Yes, I am saying that in my case I have had card numbers taken via the internet, the long card number, expiry date & security codes within the last 2 months and have NOT used A2B / Resort Hoppa with those cards that have been copied, the bank cannot tell where or when the card details were obtained.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf