Author Topic: There still scaming your cards  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »
I had my card scammed a few months back and I've never used A2B or resort hopper either, I've never used O2 and had 2 top ups taken off it, the bank said it wasn't O2 it was someone who set up I a false account calling it O2 top up, on the same day I had my card used in Hong Kong and New York. I can honestly say I have never used my card in Turkey or to book anything for Turkey

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: There still scaming your cards
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 13:52:22 PM »
Some b&%$*?# scammed me a while ago - booked flights to Prague and also mobile top-ups. The bank did refund, fortunately.

I've now got a cashback card from Utility Warehouse, who supply our gas/electric. You have to top up the card - so I transfer money from our 'usual' current account - and then when you use the card at certain retailers (including Boots & Sainsbury's for example) you get 10% of your purchase back towards your utility bill.

But I like that because it's not linked to a bank account, they can't get all your money if there's only £20 on the card, that's all they can spend. It's also a Mastercard so you can use it pretty much anywhere, which is quite handy when I'm travelling.

Doesn't stop the scamming but it can limit the damage.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf