Author Topic: A tentative slickmrs update ....  (Read 11935 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: A tentative slickmrs update ....
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2014, 13:08:51 PM »
I have been racking my brains for the name of the shop in Kemer and I think it was called Sankalar or something very like that, it was as Kevin said a two story modern building really nice people...If my memory serves me correctly they had/have a website showing their furniture...
Not sure if it is in the direction of Sakilent as we have never been there!!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2014, 13:52:11 PM »

Karennina.    Yes they do have a website and we logged in for a while but got fixed up elsewhere.
Like you I cannot remember the name.
After that store we drove for approx'15 minutes and came to a large crossroads. We turned right
 and Tlos, Yakapark and the Gorge were all on the left but not well signposted. They are all fairly
close to each other and well worth a visit. I think Menthol will like the Bar at Yakapark.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2014, 14:10:09 PM »
Aww thanks for thinking, guys! I'll find it, don't worry, when I'm on a mission, nothing stops me!

I don't drink, Kevin, strictly TT, but if you mean I will like the bar from a professional perspective, then I will check it out!

My husband doesn't drink either but he's always looking at and taking pics of nicely set out bars.

Roll on 11th March - can't wait!!!! ;D

Offline Marggie

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2014, 15:55:25 PM »
The bar at Yaka Park has an unusual feature, I think that's what Kevin was referring to.   :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2014, 16:19:56 PM »
Had to check their website out. Looks good! Another place on our bucket list! Might leave the trout tickling to the husband though ......  ???

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »
Menthol, it's great that you'll be able to take your time when furniture shopping, and slowly furnish and decorate the rooms of your fab villa.
When we had our villa built off plan by Deska (then InfinityXpress), I had one day to go out with their rep  to completely choose furniture for the entire villa, incl tiles & white goods for kitchen and bathroom (as some of this was included in the overall price). It felt so weird doing all this so quickly: "I'll have that, and that, and that, and oh yes, that!" I went on my own, as I knew OH would slow me down. Crazy thing was, that the rush turned out to be completely unnecessary as the building was not finished until nearly 2 years past its original completion date. I furnished it in a simple, modern way but on reflection, if I had tons of time, I would have delighted in giving the villa more of a Turkish flavour.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2014, 17:19:35 PM »
There used to be a family in Paspatur near the Turkish Baths who made the post beautiful tablecloths and bedding etc., The bed covers they made were so beautiful and so cheap. They also would make them up to your requirements and material and do cushions to match. I used to bring them home as presents and still have one for our bed in Turkey.  They also made sheets and pillow cases, they are sorely missed by me.
It's always a mystery to me why someone else does not start up a similar business in Fethiye as the habit of duplicating business is rife in the area, but this is one business that has never been copied.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2014, 18:46:47 PM »
Well i'll be darned Jacqui.    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf