Author Topic: Are you Pxxxed off with speaking to foreigners on the phone?  (Read 4318 times)

Offline scorcher

Re: Are you Pxxxed off with speaking to foreigners on the phone?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 19:47:31 PM »
"India's Pakistanis" and similar Muslim countries ??

Offline Menthol

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 19:48:26 PM »
I haven't denied for a minute that what my Dad said was racist and unfortunately he seems to dislike pretty much every race.

He was telling me for a while how much he liked Chinese people and then a Chinese lady stood on his toe and didn't apologise.

My Dad makes Prince Philip look like a diplomat.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 20:05:31 PM »
I think that if this thread was speaking about India's Pakistanis or any similar Muslim country................

What ? You mean as apposed to Pakistan's Pakistanis, Belgium's Pakistanis,  France's Pakistanis etc . Do you even know what a Pakistani is and where they originate from ?

India isn't even a Muslim country. The main religions in India are the Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism. It is the birth place for these four major religions. However, Hinduism is the most dominant with over 80% of the population.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 20:50:48 PM »
Being described as the blonde woman, the big lady, the older woman, the one with the posh/yorkshire/scouse accent doesn't offend me one jot.  I am older, blonder, bigger than most and have a very changeable accent so why should I be annoyed if these words are used to describe me?
I don't consider any of it upsetting -  any more than being told your accent is hard to understand - that surely isn't offensive either? 
I have a mirror or two and I've seen my ass -  I've heard my recorded voice  - it's all true  ;D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 20:59:09 PM »
The problem in the UK is that there are a huge number of busybodies who feel that they have to be offended on your behalf Bluwise and, stupidly, there are people employed by government agencies that have nothing better to do than listen to them.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 21:44:14 PM »
The announcer at the Closing Ceremony at Sochi was a Scot. Try as I might I cannot remember his name or find it on the internet.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 21:52:53 PM »
Was it Rab ?

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 22:06:38 PM »
I think that if this thread was speaking about India's Pakistanis or any similar Muslim country................

What ? You mean as apposed to Pakistan's Pakistanis, Belgium's Pakistanis,  France's Pakistanis etc . Do you even know what a Pakistani is and where they originate from ?

India isn't even a Muslim country. The main religions in India are the Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism. It is the birth place for these four major religions. However, Hinduism is the most dominant with over 80% of the population.

Good response KKOB

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 22:37:47 PM »
I know perfectly well India is not a Muslim country, my Father spent many years there and educated me quite well about it.  I meant as you well know Pakistan and other muslim countries.  Or perhaps Asian countries.
That is nit picking and getting away from the basis of my posting, which was..Most people in England think that there is one Scottish Accent and they think it's amusing to say they don't understand it.  It's like saying the whole of England speak with a Newcastle accent, because, obviously, it's an English accent.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 22:46:18 PM »
Why is it that some peeps insist on digging the hole even deeper and then wanting the last word ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf