Author Topic: Pictures around Calis today - Thursday 10 April  (Read 6592 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Pictures around Calis today - Thursday 10 April
« on: April 10, 2014, 21:44:10 PM »
Been a few weeks since last I posted some pictures, been overwhelmed by builders, visitors and generally tearing my ar$e off to get things ready or cleared up after for builder and visitor alike.  So I had a little time today during the Present Mrs Tickets Turkish lessons at the Nil Bar Comprehensive, so here they are.

Calis Water Taxis

Looks like over half the fleet is back in the water, and work is progressing with their new reception and stores/offices.

Another shot on the other side of the Calis Bridge

Onto the nosebag.  With Mrs Tickets locked in classes I took the opportunity to pop into Frank Canon's for a Yarim ....... no photos of Yarim as I couldn't wait to eat it ;D ;D

The handwriting aint up to much, but the food is top drawer, and those prices are still good.  Mrs T reckons the you get the best Chicken Casserole in Turkey, and who am I to disagree.

Frank Canon himself cutting a pose for the camera.  Yes but Frank I want lamb yarim today, not chicken

I took the yarim down to the beach to consume, lasted all of twenty seconds lovely   ;)  As you can see the wind was on shore and so the waves were lovely and high, and the wind is getting warmer too.

The Canal work has come to a stop lately, but has restarted this week, down by the Hotel Pelin, which is probably the last stage of construction.  In general there is still work to do on some stretches like pointing, coping off and general tidy up.  But as you can see from the second picture the roads and paths remain a disgrace, and something needs to be done and soon, particularly round by the town and seafront areas.  Mind you it is not good down anywhere as what is left of the roads is dry and the dust levels are the worst.  Come on Mr Mayor the canals may not be your responsibility but the roads and paths are, get the Highways Department to pull its finger out >:( >:( >:(

Finally a good thing by the council, the new park opposite the Hotel Sevi looks a treat.  You can see in the pictures that Parks and Gardens have their A Gang out getting it ready for the summer.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Pictures around Calis today - Thursday 10 April
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 22:07:14 PM »
thanks for posting it is nice to see what as developed when you have been away  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 22:14:27 PM »
Great update UBT -thanks for sharing.

We stayed at Summer Apartments when the work stared on the park. Looks grand now.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 23:01:27 PM »
Thanks for the update, really can't wait to stay in calis for the first time!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 23:14:05 PM »
Me and the other half were also on Calis front this afternoon, enjoying the sun and the breeze.

And yes, do hope the roads and pavements are finished in time for the season, they are indeed very dusty and downright dangerous in parts.

Ive really enjoyed watching how the region has started to prepare for the season.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 23:31:57 PM »
Grrrr UBT is getting too many likes

Offline atinabay

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 01:20:14 AM »
Next week for us. Looking forward to seeing all these improvements. We left in October last year and so much has changed since then. Thanks for the photos UBT.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 01:47:52 AM »
Guess, I'm gonna be shot down in flames for saying this but, it's not now the 'Calis' I first saw, not the 'Calis' I would have wanted - It (imo) no longer has any of it's original charm & ambiance.  Not a problem for Turkey as I no longer appear to have a claim on a property  I have paid for anyway!

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 06:56:48 AM »
Thanks UBT - please keep them coming, it's great to see the progress.  Curious to know, what's a yarim? 

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
Thanks UBT - please keep them coming, it's great to see the progress.  Curious to know, what's a yarim? 
It's a half bread, where you get half a standard loaf or a large soft roll stuffed with either chicken or lamb donner meat plus salad, with a dab or two of ketchup and mayo, perfect food in the hand Mmmmmmmmmmm I can taste it now.

My mates Syd and Mick also load theirs with large numbers of chillies and or chillie flake pppppppphhhheeeeeewwwwwwwwww they're hot!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf