Author Topic: visa  (Read 12745 times)

Offline raygans

Re: visa
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2014, 20:13:37 PM »
Thank you so much,the problem I have is that daughter has a different surname to me ( her mum) and i. have been concerned the powers that be might have something to say as we don't see her dad ever ( very long story) incidentally I have taken her to turkey 5 times now and never had a problem,was asked on return to manchester what our relationship was but they were satisfied I was her mum.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2014, 20:26:53 PM »
Forgive me raygans but what exactly is the problem.

You fill in your parents surnames and your daughter fills in her parents surnames.

A similar situation would apply if you were travelling with any other female relative for example neice or daughter-in-law

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2014, 20:48:20 PM »
It seems in Turkey you need your parent's name for everything.  When I lost my watch and had to go to the Police Station.  I filled in a form which asked me my parents name and even my Mother's maiden name.

Offline raygans

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2014, 21:13:23 PM »
The concern I have Highlander is that myself and my daughter have different surnames and I have since changed my name again so it is a different name that is on my daughters birth certificate,I'm sorry if I'm not making sense here. So am I right in thinking that I just put my old name in the box marked mothers name or my new name that is on my passport? Any advice I get will be gratefully received or would I be better off ringing the help number on the e visa web page? And Jacqui yes are most definately right it seems family names are needed for everything.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2014, 21:51:15 PM »
raygans - I am afraid I do not know the answer here.

I may well be wrong but it seems to me, simplistically, that there are two people travelling at the same time each who have complied with the regulations and applied for a visa independently. I cannot see why the relationship between the two people is relevant.

Brenda and I filled in different parent's surnames.

Someone will tell me if I am over simplifying things here.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2014, 22:09:08 PM »
Don't many daughters have a different surname to the mother?

Offline raygans

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2014, 22:16:34 PM »
I spose daughters do have different surnames when they grow up n get married but she's only 11 lol

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2014, 22:29:48 PM »
I see - I guess you won't be the first, I doubt it would cause any future issue  :)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
I really don't think it will matter. The parents' names are not on the e-visa that you print out to show on arrival in Turkey.

My husband has a different surname to his mother, whose current surname is different to her maiden name.
My surname is different to both my late parents, due to various marriages and divorces.

Not caused a problem with anything I've had to register for so far.   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2014, 13:50:02 PM »
I was lead to believe that when dealing with bureaucracy in Turkey it's usually the parent's first name that's asked for. The surname is usually irrelevant because it harks back to pre-1923 when Turks didn't have them.

In the UK the name-check against records is by date of birth, in Turkey it's by parent's first name.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf