Author Topic: Shaka becomes Mancero....  (Read 22669 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Shaka becomes Mancero....
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 20:16:35 PM »
Our son and his wife went again tonight had another fantastic meal and insist they are the  best cocktails they have had anywhere in the world.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 21:12:11 PM »
Absolutely true, it can cost a fortune or it can be cheap as chips but its the one that rocks your boat that wins. It's all personal, dependant on the occasion whether starving, desperate, needing light food or elegance, it's down to the occasion and individual taste.   ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 22:05:47 PM »
Oh come on, would you compare prices of the local Harvester against a Gordon Ramsey restaurant, for example!

Erm...it was quite obviously a joke Fi...

Fi's comment was not aimed at you Keith but at the comment previously.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 22:10:09 PM »
Ah ok I'll let her off then :D

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 19:31:10 PM »

I went with Fi & Eric (and a rough couple also from Wales) and I thought it was first class. Hoping it will stay the same now.
I will let them know you said that  ;) (it wasn't me was it?)

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 17:15:29 PM »
 We went there a couple of weeks ago.  Prices are more expensive,  but worth it for the very smart  surroundings,  the impeccable  service, and the excellent food.  The dry- aged  steak  was superb.  We'll be taking our guests there next week.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 18:52:56 PM »
We enjoyed our anniversary meal at the Mancero, we took Marks advice and had a cocktail (Mojito for Chris and Bloody Mary for me) they were delicious. For starters Chris had the fried chicken wings (nice, but not spectacular) I had the grilled octopus on aubergine puree which was absolutely spectacular.

Main course for Chris was eye of fillet which came roast vegetables and roast potatoes, I had the T Bone, both were absolutely divine, a coffee and a brandy finished off the night for me, until they brought out a lovely cake.

We had a bottle of really nice wine with our meal, it's not the cheapest meal we've ever had but on our special occasion we never wanted it to be the so, it was however one of the nicest we've ever had.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 23:37:05 PM »
We love it there, (our first port of call for a bottle of Angora on usual late arrival), but really wish they would re-set their webcam. It must get hundreds of viewings daily plus my family/friends used to love seeing us there. Or I could plan to see my friends who live there when we are in UK. It's a great advert for them too. PLEASE?  ;D

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2014, 04:56:52 AM »

Life is best enjoyed not by price but by value for money   ;)
That's exactly what the nice restaurant owner at Gemiler  Beach told me   :) :'(

Offline retiredandlovingit

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2014, 06:36:47 AM »
Got friends coming to stay next week and this will be on our to do list . This will be right up their street as they love a good steak,  the cocktails looked pretty good too so will road testing one or two of those.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf