Author Topic: No Hassle  (Read 23156 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: No Hassle
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2014, 09:15:12 AM »
VOJOS
Thank you for your response. Sorry you are having to try and run a business under those circumstances. Good luck with your season.

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2014, 09:17:05 AM »
I came over in May and did not feel harassed at all-EXCEPT by one person, and I cannot remember the name of the restaurant, it was the 1st one coming from Seketur, as if you were walking towards towards Vojos, was next to the clothes shop?
He had hold of my arm saying, " You said you may come in one night and you haven't been in".
This went on morning, noon or night, every time I passed, to the point I started walking down the back road to avoid him, not good when it's dark and you're on your own.
He was small, stocky and had his hair cut in a basin shape  :)
It's people like this they should target, I never felt harassed by anyone from Vojos, I feel very sorry for them, it's hard to make a living as it is.

Offline charlste

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »
Is this anything to do with Erdogans political party not getting elected in fethiye in the recent elections?
I was told this was one of the reasons that the beach cleaning was not done because erdogan pulled the plug on the funding for this area.

Offline Christie

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2014, 09:27:19 AM »
Apart from VoJo and the Beach House does anyone know which other restaurants are closed for these 3 days ?

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »
This may be way "off the mark" but this thread got me thinking.

Is it only on the prom?

If so, is it in any way related to the establishments that were involved in the beach cleaning?

Just wondering if the two may be connected and the beach cleaners have upset someone in authority. :-\

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
This is getting ridiculous and if as is suggested, it is something to do with the government, what will happen after the elections in August if and when Erdogan is re-elected, by whatever means?  Business's make most of their money during the tourist season so if they are closed down for a few days here and a few days there, they may have to increase prices to maintain what little profits they make.  Part of the charm of Calis is being greeted by owners or people working in the restaurants who have known you for years.  The whole situation is terrible and I think specific restaurants will be targeted.  Just take a minute to think of the ones who have never been closed or taken to task.  I'm sure a few of them will stand out.

Offline John64

• Newly Registered
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »
Apart from VoJo and the Beach House does anyone know which other restaurants are closed for these 3 days ?
Serkul 1 is closed as well as Merhaba, Focus touroperator and I believe Area.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »

Offline dycedon

« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »
We arrived home monday past, there were 3 closed down in our second week, cafe soul etc. went to speak to ferat at Bambu and he got all worried as he was not allowed to cross the line, Rushie from serkul 1 was another, ate there also but worried about gettng closed, Keep it going Volkan you will get past this, good eating places always will, see you again in a few weeks.
Jim S

Offline mac2010

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2014, 13:51:01 PM »
I think the best thing to do would be to hang a sign over the Gocek Tunnel saying ( tourist's not wanted) It would save them so much trouble,no more issue's with beaches,bars,restaurants,drink sales,and think just how much money they would save by not paying wages to all the Zabita who have to work all night trying to catch the bad bad people of Calis trying to earn a living.Better still ban tourist's coming to Turkey. :( :( :( Some very strange days are ahead of us. :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf