Author Topic: No Hassle  (Read 23149 times)

Offline mac2010

Re: No Hassle
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2014, 14:03:00 PM »

They can burrow this if they need it. ;D

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2014, 14:17:15 PM »
Absolutely. They should be sorting out burglaries, handbag snatches, **** state roads, litter, and lunatic drivers before wasting time on this sort of thing.

I actually think it's more sinister and has to do with higher powers who don't really want western influences and tourism, and sadly I think this area ( and others around the country )  is paying for how the masses voted.
We'll all be on the beach in burkas drinking Ayran in a few years time. Well those of us who are left. That's just my opinion of course!
Will be interesting to see what happens with plans for the privatisation of the beaches.
I'm usually the first to be upbeat about my beloved Fethiye and Calis, but feeling quite concerned about all this actually.
If I was a tourist the atmosphere along the prom last night and today would have stopped me coming back.

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Newly Registered
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2014, 15:37:39 PM »
After reading all this I am seriously wondering whether to come back next year! I hope it all gets sorted soon.

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2014, 16:35:45 PM »
Also quite concerning for people who have booked for this year and are yet to travel. Particularly first timers to the resort.
First the beach, which seems to have been sorted. Now this problem.

Hey, I'm sure we'll still enjoy but our advanced planning is taking a bit of a knock. I really hope our first visit doesn't turn out to be our last. Peoples passion for the area brought us here in the first place, but "regulars" concerns may be what keeps us away in the future.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2014, 17:14:48 PM »
pops you are right but we feel this year in year out over something or other. Lunatics running asylums. People high in government in Turkey have significant links/involvement in tourist hotels around the Turkish coast. Just not in Calis/Fethiye. What could be in it to make our area less attractive than resorts that their brother etc owns a huge 5* AI hotel in...

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
No Hassle
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2014, 17:34:23 PM »
We heard in Koca Calis (and I stress the word "heard" )that all the beach bars are to be knocked down, re-built and rented back to the existing 'owners'. I'm not sure how true this is. Maybe one of the bar owners knows something?

Offline tamd

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2014, 18:20:31 PM »
I smell a big big rat!!  Why would the powers to be want to destroy the little haven - Calis that  I love so much. Without the tourists I imagine it will just fade away and die. We come again in September. I wonder if it will be for the last time.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2014, 20:25:19 PM »
This year will be our 25th or 26th in Calis, and obviously the changes are immense, this quaint little place we fell in love with has sadly changed for the worse, the best change I have ever seen was the bars/restaurants getting comfy seats in, the first being the Bambu, it took many years to get a decent coffee, but we didn't mind that either, I loved the way the got the salt and pepper mixed up, and would take your laundry home, and sit and learn English from you, (not that we speak it well), theres loads of little things that made Calis for us, too many to mention, but I have been wondering if this year will be our last,I hope its not.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2014, 20:39:51 PM »
Agreed, and it's not just Calis that is slowly changing and losing it's charm - Turkey itself is sliding in a direction we would prefer it wasn't. Also money came and I think can be blamed for a lot of the changes that aren't positive. Hospitality always came before money and I doubt that can be said in too many situations and places these days.

I think you may be like us Laffa - Calis has a big place in our hearts, but perhaps if you analysed it, much of what is in our hearts happened many years ago.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2014, 21:18:33 PM »
spoke to one of the bar owners down the front tonight. told me 70 bars have been shut in marmaris!!!!!!!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf