Author Topic: No Hassle  (Read 23151 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: No Hassle
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »
I was just going to mention the shops too Susiepink….I buy very little when I am over as I don't like being followed around when I'm browsing.  Annoys the hell out of me.

I am horrified at the post above re the swearing/aggression - I would definitely have had a word with owners.  That just can't be ignored.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »
i always say to them i am meeting friends at so and so and they are fine

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
Puma - I do the same when i am caught. I have never been hassled by Calis Beach Indian. They don't need to hassle they are always full!  My husband and I walk down the prom on the far side and pretend to be having a in depth chat just so to ignore them all!  My daughter and her boyfriend was over last week and refused to go to Calis after the 2nd visit.  No.1 because of the hassle and No.2 they didn't want Egg & Chips for lunch. They wanted a nice Turkish restaurant where they could have Turkish food. Houmous and bread etc.. It would be great if the restaurants offered Turkish lunch snacks too.  I did then recommend the new lokantasi but it was too
Late. Lunch at home and dinner in Fethiye for them.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2014, 13:58:27 PM »
That person's behaviour is appalling... I for one am glad that there are English dishes such as fish and chips and full English's on menus as I have not found loads of Turkish dishes that I am overly fond of, someone put a picture on facebook the other day and I do not know what the dish was but I am sorry I just could not have ate that had I ordered it no matter how great it allegedly tasted :( 

Offline Steve A

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2014, 16:31:18 PM »
Its a shame for Cali's Indian as its run by 2 lovely extremely polite guys Hulki and Ahmed who in my experience are not the hassling kind.There is one guy on the front who has worked at several places over the years never fails to stop me and ask me why I have never eaten in any of the places he has been at ,even when I explained it was because I felt hassled by him he still does it!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2014, 16:49:45 PM »
I remember the days when we used to be lucky enough to get a babysitter and manage to get out without the kids for the night. We'd go for a meal and it would be just the two of us, and Rushie who had gone inside to get the 3D images for an apartment project his dad was supposedly doing - he'd sit down at our table, and begin to discuss the site and apartment plans in some detail.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2014, 17:15:04 PM »
You must have been fascinated ?

We just ordered a takeaway from Calis Beach Indian, Ahmed just delivered it to our door, after chomping through the delicious pappadums with four different chutney and chicken pakhora, we are now having a rest before we enjoy the main course, and as for hassle? The only hassle came from me to them.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2014, 17:26:37 PM »
You must have been fascinated ?

That was my life for a while - it's like a friend of mine who owns a barber shop in our home town. He knows everyone, takes him ages to walk 100 yards with people stopping to talk to him - and I thought he enjoyed that. But I learned he actually hated it. Why? "Because every single one of them wants to talk about haircuts"!!!

Ah well  :)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 17:42:21 PM »
It could have been worse, you could be a gynaecologist 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2014, 17:50:17 PM »
Swiftly attempting to get back on topic - I (as mentioned) have never felt hassled in Calis. I suppose a bit of the 'art' has gone - sitting in the Orient listening to the King of them all, Falcon getting them in with charm alone. It's more about money I suppose these day and the stakes are high because the rents are high.

I have felt charmed, tricked ( ;)), out thought into a restaurant but never hassled.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf