Author Topic: Wedding whilst on Holiday  (Read 8348 times)

Offline patrice

Re: Wedding whilst on Holiday
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 18:20:41 PM »
Yeah I thought that sadler  :-[

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 19:37:28 PM »
The original poster is asking about Weddings at Calis Beach.  If in were them I would be glad of honest information, which in my humble view I have give them.  A wedding is very important and you do not want to make any mistakes with venues. 
Also, if the couple were happy and enjoyed their day, they will not give a fig what anyone else thought.
On the night I actually spoke to a wedding planner who happened to be at the auction and was standing next to me and I was most interested in what she had to say.

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 21:30:32 PM »
How ignorant to take photographs of a strangers wedding and then post negative comments, get a life

Offline lagoon lover

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 08:36:55 AM »
How sad for the couple who got married to have their special day photographed by a stranger and then mocked on a forum. 
Much as I adore Calis, i would not want a wedding on the main beach.  We saw that Wedding and I took some pictures.  Judge for yourself.   
Although I must say, the reception table laid a Vojo's looked lovely, they made a real effort for this couple.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 08:40:56 AM »
How ignorant to take photographs of a strangers wedding and then post negative comments, get a life

I can honestly say that when the wedding was announced by George (the Auctioneer) lots of people ran to take photographs, as no one had seen a wedding on the beach before, I made a quick decision to snap a few images.    I did not take the images for any ulterior motive. I just made a quick decision, like everyone else, to snap some pictures which joined many I had taken over the last three weeks.

When a question was asked on CBF about Weddings in Calis I remembered I had some images. I posted them for the person to made a judgement themselves.    I made NO criticism of the wedding itself and even said the reception looked excellent. I did feel the poster should see the images and might share my feeling that the actual beach may not be be an ideal venue  for a small wedding.

Thanks for your concern Fernando. I have a great life and enjoy it very much,  perhaps  I should be more like you and make long and considered decisions, however, on second thoughts, as a Liverpool fan I think you probably made a very hasty decision,

To Lagoon lover, I did not mock the wedding. As said I am letting the poster see images of the beach venue.

Offline lagoon lover

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 09:02:08 AM »
Quite the keyboard warrior, although obviously not a very good photographer.
Perhaps 'mock' was not the correct word to use. Maybe I should have gone for 'insult'. All I do know is I would be offended if I were that bride and had read your post.
Sadler has posted images that better reflect the Calis we all know and love, and I'm sure that the photos this couple have will be quite beautiful.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
No I don't profess to be a great photographer.  I am sure the wedding pictures will be lovely   However, I am flogging a dead horse here. I will try and explain..........The post is about a venue for an extremely small wedding. for 3 or 4 people. 
I am not insulting the actual wedding.  I am showing the person who asked the original question just how vast the beach is.  Although I would let them know that the beach now has all the parasols and beach beds in place.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »
We thought about having our wedding on Calis beach, but were worried it would look lost on such a long expanse of beach, and I think this is what Jacqui was trying to explain.
If we had decided on a beach wedding we would probably have gone for a small bay, maybe somewhere like Aksazlar, but as it was April needed undercover space in case of rain and decided on the pretty backdrop of Uzumlu instead with our great friends Ian and Sener.

Calling Jacqui ignorant and  a keyboard warrior is childish and unnecessary in my opinion.
The couple have asked for suggestions and I don't know how well they know the area, but if I hadn't known Calis beach I would have been extremely grateful for a photo showing the perspective of the beach.
The 'strangers wedding' took place on the evening of our charity auction, and we stopped proceedings so they wouldn't have our noise the background.
Many people took photos as it was part and parcel of the evening, and others like me went along a bit closer and many of us joined in and clapped and cheered the couple.
People are making out it was some tacky voyeurism... You needed to be there to understand really, as Jacqui was, and she was being a fantastic supporter of the charity as usual.
My understanding of it was that it was in fact a small blessing.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 09:42:48 AM »
The Yacht Classic has to my favourite Location.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 09:45:34 AM »
Glad we are back on track here.  I love the Yacht Classic too.. It would be a great venue for a small wedding. The couple could even get the suite that Daniel Craig used when he was staying there when making Skyfall.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf