Author Topic: Our Calis Chinese experience  (Read 11358 times)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Our Calis Chinese experience
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 18:25:21 PM »

PS your forum user name is a nickname for a well known illigal drug where you on any this evening that allows you to know where people come from?

Shows you what I know. I remember it as a character from the Beano

Offline madmart

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 19:03:20 PM »
Rushie's at Serkul 1

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 20:02:23 PM »
Told you it was Crap, Rushies worked at all the crap restaurants on the prom,  ;)  :)

Offline Ally B

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 18:59:52 PM »
WE had three weeks in Calis in May/June and went to Serkul 1 three times,two meals were chinese and one Turkish all were very good.Rushie was there last year and we were out for five weeks in total.We went to Serkul 1 seven times and had two indifferent meals the rest were very good.When he had his own place we had four very good meals there.Before, when he was in the Enya we never had a bad meal.So out of something like Thirtytwo meals we could only complain about two.Just because you dont like the man it is wrong to rubbish the restaurants where he works.Very Very Childish.

Offline davybill

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 19:59:53 PM »
yes had meals at surkul 1 and surkul 2 over past 5 years with family and friends and no complaints,

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 06:55:44 AM »
WE had three weeks in Calis in May/June and went to Serkul 1 three times,two meals were chinese and one Turkish all were very good.Rushie was there last year and we were out for five weeks in total.We went to Serkul 1 seven times and had two indifferent meals the rest were very good.When he had his own place we had four very good meals there.Before, when he was in the Enya we never had a bad meal.So out of something like Thirtytwo meals we could only complain about two.Just because you dont like the man it is wrong to rubbish the restaurants where he works.Very Very Childish.
Cant see anyone on here who said they did,nt like the man Ally, must have missed that, even though I don't frequent the prom much now(except for these last couple of weeks with my grandkids over) I always have have some banter with Rushie mainly about his choice of football shirts, Just the restaurant he works for I don't use.  ;)  :)

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »
Really enjoyed reading these comments, I've not been to either of these restaurants, and can't comment. But, what I will say is, I won't be going either. The negative remarks are enough put me off, the power of this forum !
Some may say you shouldn't take any notice and go and judge for yourself, however there are plenty of restaurants that get glowing reviews, so I will play safe and stick to them.
Among my top restaurants are Mosaic Bahçe, Lemon Tree (Hisaronu), Corner Pub (Çalış),  Nil Bar, Vojos, Kings Garden, Yacht Classic, Sundial, Receps (fish market),  Manceros, Saffron (Ovaçık), etc

Offline Lotty

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
What is the Lemon tree like Susiepink? Type of food etc?  We've often wandered past it and wondered.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
You need to ask them for their "special menu" they don't give it to you automatically. On it you can get a three course meal for 25 TL, which includes fillet steak, and it is excellent, every time. I've not tried other things on their menu, so can't comment !

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 13:17:48 PM »
The thing is, Susiepink, there are several restaurants on your 'top' list that have been very disappointing when I have visited, on more than one occasion.....yet clearly they can be excellent too. But if I'd been to them first and you'd decided not to go on the basis of my negative review, you'd now be missing out.

I do think food and eating places are subjective, like music - what one loves, another wouldn't go near.
Try it for yourself is definitely the best way for me.
I'll back you up on the Lemon Tree though - went a couple of nights ago, steak was fantastic.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf