Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2266 times)

Offline mary anne

Hi
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 18:53:32 PM »
HI welcome to the forum and congrats on your new home. We also bought in Tasiyka across from the new mosque or behind it depending on where you are standing.Been out twice this year and hope to go another twice all being well kind regards Mary

Offline doll

Hi
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 11:42:03 AM »
welcome to the forum happymondays
you will know turkey very well after all thouse years holidaying.

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
Hi
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 16:54:16 PM »
Hi Doug and family
Welcome to the forum, we also have been travelling to the area for many years and would love to buy our little place in the sun. We hope you have many more happy memories in such a beautiful area
Debbie and Brian

Offline Yetkin

• Snapper
Hi
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 12:03:29 PM »
hi happymondays Welcome to the forum

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Hi
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 17:59:44 PM »
Hi Doug, Angela and boys,
Did as you said - and registered!   I wondered where the Forest Hill Houses were - are they at the side of a villa?  We have bought at Green Valley - so you may as well say we are near enough neighbours!  We have a daughter of 19 - who is currently working in Antalya (with a very well known travel company!!) and she too loves the place.  Her turkish is quite good now!  She is thrilled that we have bought there - it is lovely isn't it?
Let me know if it is the place right behind the Green vally Complex anf the 'Policemans House'.
Regards, Carole and Steve

Offline tel

Hi
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 20:47:32 PM »
Hi Doug, Angela and boys,
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you can tell us plenty about changes you have seen during your trips.  Must be great
Tel

Offline BJ

Hi
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 20:38:18 PM »
Welcome from me too. I am also new and have an apartment in Green Valley and also have 3 sons well 4 but one is 25 although still lives at home, the other 3 are 14 and 15x2 (twins). If yours are similar ages maybe we can meet up if we are over there at the same time.
BJ

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 21:09:37 PM »
Hi Kirby and BJ

Welcome to both of you!  We are neighbours! Forest Hills is right behind you and up the hill a little.  I love this area and the views are fantastic.  We travel out this coming Friday to furnish the place - even though we bought quite a few months ago.  Green Valley was definitely one that we were looking at and it looks a lovely complex.

Our three sons are (let me remember!) Ross 15; Craig 12 and Ryan 10. Angela is a teacher here in the UK so we can only take scholl hols at the moment - although plan is to move to semi-retirement at grand age of 50 in about 8 years or so.

How is the road coming on up the complexes in 'new Tasyaka'?  When does dolmus start and any news of the date when road will continue over the hill?

Anyway - great to hear from you all.

Best regards
Doug and Angela

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Hi
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 21:21:58 PM »
Hi Doug & Angela,  Thanks for the lovely welcome!
Well the road is not really done - a bit on the bumpy side still!!  The Dolmus is not running either - Infinity have told us that they have applied to the local 'council' (for want of a word) who are responsible for the licenses for the dolmus'- and they have not passed it yet!  The weather has been pretty bad there over the last week - and they have suffered floodings!  It is around 75 degrees in the day - but very cold at night.  Also two of our neighbours are out there at the moment - flew out today - and they have gone prepared with their Kags in Bags!! Our daughter is working with Thomas Cook in Antalya and I have just spoken to her - and she said it is 'bl***y freezin' at night.  She did an airport transfer Sunday - and said she was dressed ready to see Santa in!!!
Shop around for your furniture. We went to Istikbal - and bought near enough everything - and check because we have been told that near enough every sofa is a sofa bed!  Handy for extra storage.  Plenty of shops - and don't forget to 'do a deal'. They are good quality too.  Check on the 'net' see for yourself.  I would also recommend the 'million shop' in Fethiye - bargains or what!  BJ is a friend and neighbour of ours and we keep in contact regularly.  We are however in a different Blok to BJ.  You can get your curtains m,ade quite cheaply as well - but take a translator if poss!   It can be funny - but frustrating trying to get them to understand - but that is another story!!  hahahaha.
Keep in contact - Have a safe trip - enjoy your shopping!!!!
Kirby (Carole)  

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hi
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 14:00:50 PM »
greetings doug and family congratulations on your home buy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf