Author Topic: hi  (Read 2155 times)

Offline lmaddy

hi
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 20:52:16 PM »
Hi Moonwalker
When we are out in Turkey we book a car for a few days, we don't find it a huge issue to drive though some of the turkish drivers have their own rules and the odd death wish!

Car hire varies but we pay between £20 - £25 for a car. Petrol is very expensive - the last time we were there we paid £25 for the car and £30 for petrol - this took us from Calis to Kalkan to Preatra beach back to Calis and out to Goceck and back in the evening.
So whatever you do budget for petrol.
rgs Lorraine
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 20:54:52 PM by lmaddy »

Offline moonwalker

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 21:13:57 PM »
Thanx Imaddy.........I take it you mean £20-£25 per day???...If it is wouldnt it be cheaper to hire for the week???....How much more is petrol compared to the uk as its going up and up over here...Thanx...

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
hi
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 21:44:12 PM »

Petrol is more expensive in Turkey than the UK.

Offline Emma

hi
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 18:35:28 PM »
Hi,
You can look at orange's link to get a rough idea of car hire.  I found an old leaflet from last year and the 2 day excursion was definately £40 last June and we had a free boat trip as well I think!
Emma

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
hi
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 17:00:29 PM »
Temperatures in early September are still pretty high- theres a link to a weather site but dont know it off hand. So- anecdotaly from several years of coming at that time- hot through the day, usual pleasant Calis breeze, comfortable in the evening- still dont need a jacket!
Hope that helps.

Offline doll

hi
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 14:59:13 PM »
moonwalker welcome to the forum
car hire is expensive but it does give you the freedom to go places you wouldnt goto/find on foot
bikes are a good way to get around localy and the tempertures are getting cooler in stempember
if you do a day then chill a day it will not tire you too much

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf