Author Topic: Tourist missing from beach front hotel.  (Read 9818 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member

Offline fernando torres

Re: Tourist missing from beach front hotel.
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 09:54:54 AM »
I agree John F, this was reported in a Turkish newspaper, let the poor lad sleep in peace
Perfect example of news , Hillsborough ( the truth ), I'll say no more

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 10:05:12 AM »
I haven't a clue what happened, what I was doing was highlighting the differences between the story carried in the Turkish media and the story published by the UK media.

Turkish media says he assaulted girlfriend, broke down a hotel door and stole her luggage & cash.

UK version is that he got drunk and locked himself out of hotel room and was seen on CCTV trying to break in to it.

Then again, should we really treat as gospel anything we read in the newspapers, or FB for that matter?

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 10:12:26 AM »
Then again, should we really treat as gospel anything we read in the newspapers, or FB for that matter?

Or any forums ?  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »
That was a given  ;)

JF

Offline George Warner

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 14:39:27 PM »

Leaving other issues aside,
  Surely there should not be an open well anywhere near a residential/holiday area,especially in a poorly lit area as the surrounding of the Jiva and other hotels in that locality are.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 21:53:09 PM »
It was a big old well too, the link i saw was when the lad had been brought out of the well...very tragic indeed...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 21:58:33 PM »
Turkish press showed that and photos of the guy dead at the bottom of the well, even before the recovery of the body had even commenced. Try as I might, I won't ever unsee that. There seems to be no line of decency in the press over there, never has been.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »
It's not only the press. If there's any kind of accident there are always rubberneckers there taking photos or just having a good old gawp.

The press listen to Polis scanners, pretty much the same as they do in the US. When our son had a motorcycle accident on the Kaya Road a few years ago Fethiye TV were there before the Polis and medics.

The same in the hospitals. People just wander in to cubicles and consulting rooms to have a stare at the injured. It's just the way they are. Different values.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2016, 16:23:06 PM »
Turkish press showed that and photos of the guy dead at the bottom of the well, even before the recovery of the body had even commenced. Try as I might, I won't ever unsee that. There seems to be no line of decency in the press over there, never has been.

Yes Keith i remember a few years ago seeing a report in the local Fethiye new of a young man who had hanged himself from a tree. He was yet to be identified  but the picture of him was there for all to see, horrendous.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf