Author Topic: Brexit means Brexit?  (Read 40567 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Brexit means Brexit?
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2016, 18:01:21 PM »
A word for those concerned about cutting down "uncontrolled EU immigration".

Only about 1/3 of net migration over the past few years was from the EU.

Q. Which means that 2/3rds wasn't. Why didn't the then Home Secretary do something about the presumably "controllable" 2/3rds, then?

A. Because her name was Theresa May.

Read this then :

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/european-union

"EU migration is now more than double what it was in 2010 and almost half of all net foreign born migration to the UK."

Sort of blows your figures out of the water.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2016, 18:21:52 PM »
How you can rely on any survey when we do not who or how many have entered or are entering illegally the UK is beyond me, I have no problem with genuine migrants but not all these adult males our government is trying to fool us into thinking are children.

Remind me why Brexit will stop Asylum seekers.

You Brexiters are obviously very confused about all this.

The Nissan deal looks like we're remaining in The Customs Union,  by the way,  which will mean we won't be able to negotiate our own trade deals.

Now that may be bad news for you lot,  and believe me,  I feel for you,  but let's look at the bright side: Liam Fox is effectively redundant.

Rejoice!
I did not say brexit would stop asylum seekers but when/if it happens & we finally have a say on who & how many genuine people we allow to stay in the UK with our own rules not rules decided in Brussels by unelected people who don't give a toss about the UK.

You may feel safe walking anywhere in Brum but would you be happy for any older/ young female members of you're family walking anywhere in 'brum' ? Of course you will most likely reply yes to this as I think you are just out for a discussion on something you disagree with & are unwilling to accept a public vote.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2016, 18:34:34 PM »

Herr Blair flounced into a BBC studio this morning and said he is demanding a second Referendum or

a General Election.    What a self-opinionated,undemocratic,hypocritical,lying,deluded slimeball.

He should be standing in a dock for all his deception and the loss of life and destruction he caused.

I suspect this is a start of his desire to claw back control of the Labour Party. I think they deserve him.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2016, 18:51:11 PM »
I did not say brexit would stop asylum seekers but when/if it happens & we finally have a say on who & how many genuine people we allow to stay in the UK with our own rules not rules decided in Brussels by unelected people who don't give a toss about the UK.

Describe to me in details the rules that "Brussels" imposes upon us about immigrants. Let me guess: no reply.

Note: Our current Prime Minister is unelected. Her party was elected under a manifesto  that said our position in the Single Market would be safeguarded. How do you feel about that? Let me guess: no reply.

Offline villain

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2016, 18:52:59 PM »

Herr Blair flounced into a BBC studio this morning and said he is demanding a second Referendum or

a General Election.    What a self-opinionated,undemocratic,hypocritical,lying,deluded slimeball.

He should be standing in a dock for all his deception and the loss of life and destruction he caused.

I suspect this is a start of his desire to claw back control of the Labour Party. I think they deserve him.

I might be no fan of Blair and he might be on my side in this debate. How do you feel about beoing on the same side as Vladimir Putin? Let me guess: no reply.

Offline villain

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2016, 19:07:51 PM »
You may feel safe walking anywhere in Brum but would you be happy for any older/ young female members of you're family walking anywhere in 'brum' ? Of course you will most likely reply yes to this as I think you are just out for a discussion on something you disagree with & are unwilling to accept a public vote.
I agree, you're right, having lived in Southsea/Portsmouth for a couple a years too, there are places there I wouldn't want female family members to walk around late at night.

It's got NOTHING to do with immigration, though. How do you feel about that? Let me guess: no reply.

Offline villain

« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2016, 19:14:49 PM »
Point remains: Brexit isn't going to happen any time soon and no-one -  me or you Brexiters is going to be happy.

The Conservative manifesto was to retain UK access to the Single Market. That means EU contributions and probably some sort of nonsense fudge on Freedom on Movement. They can't reverse that pledge. Not in this parliament.

Nissan deal points to Customs Union: No independent trade deals and Fox out of a job.

So brexiters, you'll still be at the mercy of EU regulations, except you'll have virtually no say over them. You can't do deals with the Aussies, Pakistanis, whatever, either.

Question my analysis if you like. Believe me, I'm not happy about it either, but was this what you were expecting?

Let me guess....

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2016, 20:19:54 PM »

Urban Dictionary: sore loser
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sore%20loser
A sore loser is someone who loses in a fair competition but whines about it on a constant basis, blaming everyone around them for their loss excep...              ;)

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT. !!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2016, 00:18:20 AM »
The biggest problem is uncontrolled immigration from the EU. It's doubled since 2010 and we are allowing unskilled workers to arrive and either take low paid jobs or seak benefits. Our country cannot survive if we allow this to continue.

Non EU immigration, unless it's illegal or asylum seekers, tends to be either skilled or professional because they have to prove they have a job to come to.

Nobody is saying "send them all back" just regain control and if that means coming out of the single market then so be it.

Brexit means Brexit is the term our PM used and believe me those that voted out will hold her to that! Any fudge will be met with mass demonstrations like we've not seen since the Poll Tax. That's the feedback I'm getting on Facebook and Twitter from many of those who were part of the majority that voted to leave the EU. I'm sure UKIP will do its utmost to make sure this happens.

I'm not saying that would be the best option but for some it will seem that way.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2016, 00:21:28 AM »

Urban Dictionary: sore loser
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sore%20loser
A sore loser is someone who loses in a fair competition but whines about it on a constant basis, blaming everyone around them for their loss excep...               ;)

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT. !!!

Point remains: Brexit isn't going to happen any time soon and no-one -  me or you Brexiters is going to be happy.

The Conservative manifesto was to retain UK access to the Single Market. That means EU contributions and probably some sort of nonsense fudge on Freedom on Movement. They can't reverse that pledge. Not in this parliament.

Nissan deal points to Customs Union: No independent trade deals and Fox out of a job.

So brexiters, you'll still be at the mercy of EU regulations, except you'll have virtually no say over them. You can't do deals with the Aussies, Pakistanis, whatever, either.

Question my analysis if you like. Believe me, I'm not happy about it either, but was this what you were expecting?

Let me guess....

I truly think you are the one who will be disappointed.

Once article 50 is invoked we will be out of the EU inside two years.

If we are lucky it will be just before it all goes belly up for them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf