Author Topic: Anyone know Kemer?  (Read 5515 times)

Offline wesley

Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 08:41:58 AM »
Kemer is a beautifull place nice liitle village very friendly people.

Know some friends who had a bad experience with infinity and are still having problems with them.....Tapus, villas sliding down mountains just be careful.

But on the whole it is a lovely place I have visited there many times, fantastic scenery.

Offline katespot

Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 18:58:12 PM »
No comment Wesley, not yet anyway....

Offline jeanpainter

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 11:16:59 AM »
Can I just add that there is a supermarket in Kemer village and lots of little markets, there is also a very nice Friday market for all your fruit and veg plus a selection of household goods and clothing, I live there so I know! there is also a bank with an ATM machine and Post Office you can get credits for you mobile.  Come and pay a visit.

Offline booo

Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 11:53:01 AM »
There is an excellent little clothes shop there too just before you turn to go over the bridge.
Much cheaper than Fethiye and nicer clothes too.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 19:07:12 PM »
Kemer is a typical turkish small town, we were there in summer. it took me back to what Turkey used to be like,

Its a lovely place too

Ron

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 09:24:55 AM »
During our early April visit at the request of our lads we hired a couple of "dune buggies" and drove up to Uzumlu to our friends place....I hated it especially as the lads took off ahead of us weaving through the traffic-scary!
We set off from Uzumlu (me in the car this time with friend Emma and the little ones) and went first to Cadianda and then off through the mountains. The views were just amazing with lots of snow still on the mountains and drove through quaint mountain villages where they stood and stared at the guys in the buggies with amazement.
Predictably we managed to get lost- the map we had was very basic but eventually found ourselves in Kemer...as said before what a lovely Turkish town. We stopped to ask our way back to the Fethiye road Hubbie went into the PTT and came out arm in arm with one of the waiters we know from Hisaronu after kisses all round we set off back to Fethiye.
We can only hope places like Kemer and Uzumlu do not get spoilt by excess building of villas -lets hope they stop soon as they seem about right to me now.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 10:01:08 AM »
I totally agree with you on that one jo we felt it was like stepping back 15 yrs to the Turkey we once knew

Ron

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 15:04:59 PM »
We have a house in Uzumlu (which we love) and have just returned to the UK after another visit.  We also took the Cadiyanda road, through the mountains to Kemer (and then on to Tlos and Saklikent).  The views are spectacular and Kemer is a really quaint town, but seems to have all the facilities.  We took our Parents (who have never visited Turkey before) and they fell in love with it. (At Tlos, my mother was sitting waiting for us to return from the climb and a Turkish gentleman, stopped his bike, got off, took out an apple from his bag, washed it in water and gave it to my mother.  Before she could respond, he was back on his bike waving goodbye.  Where else would you get this open friendliness ?  This is the true Turkey and the Turkey that we love.

Offline june

Anyone know Kemer?
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 08:40:24 AM »
Pookie, yes you are so right that is the real Turkey.

We have some land on the way up to Tlos and we have been up the mountain on many occasions the locals are so happy to see you, one time we pulled over to let a mum duck and her babies cross the road and it happened to be close to a small turkish house, an old lady came out to us ushered us to sit down at her table outside and made us some turkish cay, we stayed there for probably 20 minutes she was talking away in Turkish much of which we could not understand!, when we got up to go I put some money on the table and she picked it up and gave it me back gesturing to us she did not want it, I tried and tried to get to have it but no............the mountain people in particular are the most lovely, happy and generous people, they don't get to see many other people and when they do they certainly make us very welcome.

We still see her when we go up and call in for a Cay, we now say to her we would like some grapes and she has bunches of grapes hanging from the roof and we insist we pay her for those and got away with that last time!!

Very very much Old Turkey in the mountains and the villages around there and its just wonderful.

June

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf