Author Topic: Affect of exchange rate  (Read 17611 times)

Offline Jeannie

• Liverpool, UK
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 07:31:29 AM »
I have found in comparison that spain can be more
expensive than Turkey, I go to Lanzarote in the winter months
for the odd week and book private apts I find they are more expensive on a weekly basis by up to £75 then there are the
flights which can be up to £50- £75 more and the cost of food is more
expensive, drinks may be a little cheaper there but that's not an important factor when I'm on holiday although I do like a drink but not in excess,I go because I like the area I stay in and for the warmer weather in the winter.

I do love  Turkey with a passion and the culture,people,place,food far out weigh the cost of my holidays there, so my personal choice is Turkey every time in camparison to Spain.

At the end of the day it is an individual choice and what people want from a holiday, and best to get all the information before booking ie. prices of food and drinks etc......and simply put.... if a holiday is too expensive then don't go  there! :)

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

Drinks may be cheaper in Spain but the cost of going on a package holiday is more than to Turkey and the price of property is about double. To me there is no comparison between the two countries - Turkey wins every time for the beauty, the culture and the people. Cost is not always the first consideration when people choose a holiday.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 10:41:47 AM »
this year all holiday/resturants/hotel companies will have a bad year which may /has effect prices, I have been offered 1 week s/c in dalaman for £155.00 incl flights the reason World Cup,the knock on will be bad for economies which rely on tourist's.

Offline kdjzk

Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 00:06:59 AM »
there is nothing wrong with efes,i drive miles in the uk to stock up on the stuff!the spiruts are only expensive in turkey if you drink imported like jack daniels,bacardi,etc.the local spirits are far cheaper

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 11:47:20 AM »
Anyway - back on topic (please no more Spain). So it seems the Lira is dropping in value and as yet we are not being hit with massive price hikes to compensate. I would imagine, from our point of view, it will be better to change £ in Turkey and pay for everyting in YTL - unless, of course, better deals are offered for purchasing goods in £.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 11:55:45 AM »
I shall continue to get my money from ATMs with my Nationwide card as the exchange rate has always been good in the past; with the value of the YTL falling against the £, that should be benificial to me.
Pete

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2006, 12:24:51 PM »
Just seen 289 ytl to the £! Will it get to 300 ytl by the time I get there in two weeks??

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2006, 13:38:49 PM »
hope so stoop my tickets have just arrived for our trip in 2 weeks

Offline nigesam

Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2006, 14:12:28 PM »
2.89? where is that stoop??? UK?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Affect of exchange rate
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2006, 14:45:03 PM »
AOL money - latest exchange rates (not what you call tourist rates as in banks etc)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf