Author Topic: Northern Cyprus  (Read 2858 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Northern Cyprus
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
Morning all,

I'm looking for info on the TRNC with a view to spending the winter there if it becomes necessary with the Turkish residency restrictions.

We arrive back in Fethiye for a 6 month stay on the 22 October. This winter we are staying in one of the bungalows at the Istanbul restaurant in Kayakoy.

We plan to have a week in the TRNC after Christmas.

I'm looking for help in the following areas.

Hotel to stay for a week.

Any forums like CBF.

Is it possible to visit southern (Greek) Cyprus in a car hired in the TRNC.

Any other info or links that would help to make a smooth visit.

Have already sourced flights from Dalaman via Istanbul.

DonM

Offline micky mouse

Re: Northern Cyprus
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »
Don if you hire a car in northern cyprus and want to go over to the south of the island you will have to leave your hired car at the border and cross by foot.Kyrenia is beauitful the harbour is full of nice bars,resturants,cafes,etc there are many nice hotels around ive been there twice love the north even though i have family in the south.Mind you last time i took a flight from london to larnaca i was held for two hours because i had a ercan stamp on my passport via istambul,no problems with main land turkey stamps but if you have a northern cyprus one on your passport then you will have a problem getting into the south.In the end they allowed me in franked out the hole page on my passport with the ercan stamp on it and warned me i could never come back into the south if they ever found a n ercan stamp again on my passport family or no family living in limassol,theres still alot of hatetred there even though things have moved on.Belabyses is worth a visit in the north but dont bother with famagasta things are still the same for many years.Good luck with your trip you will love the north side.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:10 AM »
Hi Don
You could try the following Forums, just type in Cyprus.
                         www.expatforum.com/
                         www.expatexchange.com/
                         www.britishexpats.com/
                         www.internations.org/
Keep us up to date with your travels and any car rental saga's.Enjoy yourselves.

Offline Evie

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »
We live in Turkey and want to know if can book a holiday in south side if we land in Nicosia

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 12:51:39 PM »
Wow Don, I can't believe you're coming back soon! The time has flown. I hope you enjoyed your summer. Enjoy your stay at the bungalow at Istanbul in Kayakoy and keep us informed about your taste of Cyprus. I bet all your friends are envious of your exciting lifestyle!  ;) I am. ;D

Offline LeeGlo

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 14:19:48 PM »
Don't know if it's still applicable, but I was asked if I wanted my Ercan stamp on a loose piece of paper, so that it could be "lost". I must admit I didn't bother, as my passport was due for renewal; my father, with whom I was travelling did take the option, as he had several years left on his.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 14:22:34 PM »
Wow Don, I can't believe you're coming back soon! The time has flown. I hope you enjoyed your summer. Enjoy your stay at the bungalow at Istanbul in Kayakoy and keep us informed about your taste of Cyprus. I bet all your friends are envious of your exciting lifestyle!   ;) I am. ;D

Hi Lotty,

We had a very busy summer with family get togethers and a Viking river cruise frm St Petersburg to Moscow. A few pics if I can get it right

][URL=http://s35.photobucket.com/user/d7m/media/DSCF0968_zpsead3f2d8.jpg.html][/url]
On board the boat

[url][/url]
The Kremlin

[url][/url]
Moscow by night

[url][/url]
Dining in style

http://
Moscow metro station

Offline Marggie

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 14:43:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing Don.  You two certainly get about and enjoy life.

Our neighbours, who are on holiday in Italy at the moment,  travel to Cyprus regularly.   I am pretty sure that they land in a Ercan, cross the border on foot  and I'm sure they don't have any problems at customs. I will check this out with them and post accordingly.

You will need to cross the border and hire a car in Southern Cyprus for your tour.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 15:42:38 PM »
What a pair of jet setters you both are  :)
Gorgeous pics Don.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf