Author Topic: Bargain transfer  (Read 11057 times)

Offline George Warner

Bargain transfer
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
Rain Transfer.com £8 one way,£12 return,deliver door to door

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bargain transfer
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 15:06:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by George Warner

Rain Transfer.com £8 one way,£12 return,deliver door to door

WOW:P

Offline june

Bargain transfer
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 16:37:41 PM »
Blimey that sounds really good, I have always booked the privaye transfer but the cost had increased so much recently that I think I may try A2B instead...

Offline marina

Bargain transfer
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 17:47:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by heather07

We booked flight, hotel and transfers in May with Travel Republic.  Returning in September and booked direct with hotel, flight with Jet 2 and A2B on advice from Forum.
Saved about twenty pound after comparing different ways of doing it.  
How many Efes is that????????: :) ;)

We did the same in May Heather, everything through Travel Republic (first time we've used them as always booked a 'package' before)but also like you looking at doing everything independantly next time (hopefully September!) just through the advice I've seen on here.  Will be looking at A2B for transfers I think.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Bargain transfer
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 23:36:50 PM »
If you actually live in Calis, Resorthoppa and A2B will pick you up in Calis and bring you back home to your door, Travel Republics computer isn't geared up for it, if it is now i don't know, last year when i used them, as i knew the 2 dates i was going back to Manchester, i got a lift to Dalaman, then booked a return, Dalaman to Calis in March, returning to the airport in October, then a one way from the airport to my front door 2 weeks later, i think the 3 journeys cost me £26, £4 cheaper than the price of one way in a private transfer, and as it was winter there was only me in the mini bus each time, absolutely brilliant. Alan

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Bargain transfer
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »
What's people's experience of 'wait time' with these services at the airport as the bus fills with passengers before it departs, and assuming a local pickup from Calis, how long before a flight departure does the service pick you up?  And I gues, and this is probably more difficult to guage, how many drop offs are there before it drops off in Calis?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bargain transfer
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »
Well my wait time was about two minutes as I was the last they were waiting for, there were no drops before Calis (I was first), collection was 3 hours before departure time (but they turned up 10 minutes earlier than stated). In most ways, better than a private transfer on this occasion - although obviously you need to be lucky with the waiting time at the airport which all depends on which flights people sharing your transfer are on (I'm pretty certain nobody on our bus was on the same flight as me), but it would appear that Calis is generally first on the Fethiye/Olu Deniz route.

That was with A2B Transfers:

:)

Offline ovacik2

Bargain transfer
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:56:03 AM »
A2B transfers also on Quidco which will pay a 5% discount.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Bargain transfer
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »
10 minutes at the airport to wait for 1 passenger from the same flight then 1st drop in Calis en route to Fethiye, Ovacick & Olu Deniz.

Return was booked for 3 hours before, arrived 5 minutes early in a car with 1 other lady who had come from OD the straight to the airport so was in fact a tad early to check in but was 1st in the queue & beat all the buses!

Offline marina

Bargain transfer
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
We had United Blue booked through Travel Republic.  After landing at Dalaman we found the desk easily, were taken straight to a waiting minibus and left about 5/10 minutes later.  From landing to leaving the airport about 50 mins!!

Pick up to go back wasn't quite as good though.  We were quoted a pick up time less than 3 hours before take-off time, then they were half an hour late picking up.  Fortunately no problems on the road and the airport was pretty quiet so all ok, but I would have preferred an earlier and more reliable pick up.  This could just have been a one off for them though and it wouldn't necessarily put me off using them again, although after recommendations on here I think I'll look at A2B next time and get my money back off Quidco!   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf