Author Topic: Mobile phone  (Read 2269 times)

Offline davemaunders

Mobile phone
« on: November 16, 2008, 20:58:20 PM »
hi there,i need to buy a mobile phone in Fethiye it need to be a cheap one where the best place to buy,also what cost are the call.Dave and Jackie

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 21:19:41 PM »
I would recommend the Avea mobile phone shop in Fetiyhe, sorry I can not direct you there though, maybe another member could.

Offline Fran

Mobile phone
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 21:20:07 PM »
Hi Dave

I bought a basic phone at the Vodafone shop in Fethiye in Oct, cost 65 lira, 250 credits cost 38lira, and the sim card was about 12 lira.
The credits lasted me for a week, that was phoning the uk at least once a day, and texting a couple of times a day.
hope this helps
Fran

Offline julesbob0303

Mobile phone
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 21:22:43 PM »
When we came to Calis in May (leaving our teenagers at home   :o ), I accidentally left my mobile in the car at Gatwick (no, not accidentally on purpose, honest   :-\  :-\)

We needed to contact home just to check on the kids etc and, rather than buy a new phone, I bought a phone card.  It was really cheap, and each one lasted a couple of evenings (a call to the UK and one to Bulgaria where our distraught daughter was working - hence a long call every night.  :( )

If you only need a phone to ring home to check on loved ones, I think this is the cheapest way.  It cost us about a tenner for the week.   :)

An update - just realised Dave and Jackie that you are planning on spending long spells in Fethiye, with a view to moving there next year, so just ignore the above - definitely not the best way of ringing home long term.   :-\  Whoops, sorry!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 21:32:39 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline davemaunders

Mobile phone
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 21:34:27 PM »
Thank you Fran,next time i am in fethiye i will pop in that shop,i have got a 02 phone from England,but it cost so much to used in Turkey about 40 pound a week,thank all for your help.Dave

Offline davemaunders

Mobile phone
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 21:52:43 PM »
Our place is in Yaniklay,and being a disable man with two walking stick it a long walk to the phone box,with no street lights at night-and costing a lot to used a 02 mobile phone in Turkey-and my wife like to ring home most night,that the reason for getting a phone in Turkey.Dave and Jackie

Offline jinky

Mobile phone
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 22:15:07 PM »
my wife is selling her nokia phone with sim card and charger for 40ytl if you are interested dave pop into the irish pub in fethiye and ask for susan.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Mobile phone
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 22:55:27 PM »
If your moby is 'unlocked' Does anyone know if you can buy a Turkish sim card & register that number with your UK phone?  ie; just change the sim card over when you're in Turkey?  :)

I'm not sure because I too forgot my moby once & had to buy a Turkish one  :-\
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 22:57:12 PM by cef »

Offline destiny

Mobile phone
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 05:14:36 AM »
Motorola mobile in Migros 39 ytl x

Offline philrose

Mobile phone
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 07:01:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cef

If your moby is 'unlocked' Does anyone know if you can buy a Turkish sim card & register that number with your UK phone?  ie; just change the sim card over when you're in Turkey?  :)

I'm not sure because I too forgot my moby once & had to buy a Turkish one  :-\

You can do this, but you will need to have your UK phone registered to whatever provider you buy your sim from.http://

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf