Author Topic: Nationwide ....... Again  (Read 11372 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2010, 18:08:42 PM »
Yes, I have :D

Offline Firo

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2010, 18:16:27 PM »
Ta will try that then.:D

Offline marina

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2010, 18:23:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sadler

Precisely, we do have a Nationwide Flex account, but have no recollection of being given the option of drawing anything other than Turkish lire from the ATMs we have used; so much so, that on our last visit, we took cash with us and changed it up at the jewellers in Calis, risking burglary at the apartment.

Our thanks to Nichola and Marina for understanding our query and giving very informative answers and  - Gorgeous Bird it is so many aggressive posts like yours which put others off from submitting to this very informative forum!!:(

No problem Sadler - glad to be some help!   ;)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »
just pulled out from  Nationwide childrens Account and put nearly all their cash into P bonds as interest rate under 1% and inflation rate 3 -3.5% go figure. crazy situation even turks manage interest rate at near a dam inflation rate.before long all banks will charge for current accounts with 24 months I reckon.

Offline peecee

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010, 16:20:25 PM »
Getting back to the topic of France, I've just visited friends there.  Apart from being very disillusioned with builders (gone bankrupt, don't finish houses) usual story, the cost of living has risen enormously, bank charges unrealistic (and opening an account is a nightmare apparently go overdrawn everything shuts down for 3 months and you can't access your money) so some people are not happy there.
Makes you wonder, where can you go for stressfree, reasonable living??
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 16:21:16 PM by peecee »

Offline Old Daffodil

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2010, 18:52:20 PM »
I opened a bank account really easily in France. Just popped into Credit Mutuel and made an appointment at the service desk, met with a young lady who spoke reasonable English and it took about half an hour to sort out. I presented a statement of my British bank account and passport. Banks and shops do shut down a lot more than in Britain.Lunch means about two hours closure for a start and no Sunday opening for lots of businesses.There are ATMs.The young lady who dealt with me said that she had a British client base of about 200 people and the area is very rural, not a tourist spot.
One Brit I met would trot along to the bank and take his laptop with him and use google translate at the desk to sort out his business.The young ladies at the counter really appreciated his use of French!!:D
In France to write a cheque which will bounce is illegal so they are strict.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 19:00:05 PM by Daffodil »

Offline peecee

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010, 04:24:25 AM »
Did you not have to produce a utility bill, Daffodil?

Offline Old Daffodil

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010, 08:59:24 AM »
No, we were opening the account to pay the electricity and  satellite tv bill.I showed them the rental agreement on the cottage.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:01:27 AM by Daffodil »

Offline maximumtom

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2011, 13:01:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Has anyone actually drawn GBP in Fethiye since 1st Nov and checked that it was at NO CHARGE on a statement?
I asked the Nationwide if this was possible, in Oct this year, as per my previous post and the reply was...No, ANY transactions abroad would be charged whatever the currency drawn.
So back to my first question has anyone withdrawn GBP in Turkey since 1st Nov 2010 and not been charged on their statement?

I have drawn GBP in Fethiye recently and no charge showed up on my statement.  How long it will take them to close this loophole is anybody's guess.

Offline Firo

Nationwide ....... Again
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2011, 13:05:12 PM »
I know as I'm doing it as well but let's keep it quiet...lol ;): :) 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf