Author Topic: Robbers in the Sky  (Read 2887 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 21:19:01 PM »
I agree with the above, #i would avoid T.cook like the plague,when we went last time we could have got a much cheaper flight with them, but I was happy to pay extra just to avoid them, 4 members of my family have written to complain to them, and next year there are approx 100 of us flying out for my sons wedding, and I have advised those that I can to avoid them, they are a gang shysters.:(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 04:36:04 AM »
never had a problem with ftc and if they are available at a reasonable price we use them.

everyone can cite a bad experience - try looking at the airline quality site and you would not fly with anyone.

Offline calvin 1949

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 05:55:13 AM »
Crikey Calvin, how fast were you going.  The size of that fine you must have been approaching the sound barrier:D
[/quote

I was only in 2nd gear:P Calvin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:55:47 AM by calvin 1949 »

Offline peecee

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:36 AM »
Bewva, it was Thomas Cook who started all this charging for baggage, charge for the meals etc.  It didn't make any difference to their passenger numbers which is why all the other airlines followed their example.  We might make a verbal complaint but we would still get on the aircraft!!  Why can't they be 'honest' with us and say that flight is 300 Pounds (including a rubbish meal, baggage etc) instead of the flight is 275 BUT.  It is absolutely disgusting that passengers are charged for water!!  After all, it's only tap water, which they haven't paid for, nothing special.
And why is it that, if you're booking an holiday, you get a baggage allowance?  Are we not going on holiday but the other way round ie Turkey to England?
If we don't walk with our feet (and our money) and TELL them why then nothing will change.  You get one airline to change believe you me the others will follow suit.  After all, it's a very competitive business

Offline calvin 1949

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »
Perhaps a letter of complaint from all CBF members may get some responce??? Calvin

Offline peecee

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 08:31:32 AM »
Perhaps you're right Calvin.  It would mean getting as many people as possible from the CBF, their friends/relatives etc to sign it.  But unless something was put in the petition e.g. 'we would have no alternative but to use others carriers if the policy of charging for luggage etc is not reconsidered' it probably wouldn't make the slightest difference.  If people still continue to use them they still get their full passenger loads and money.  Would people be prepared to do that?  If one airline changes their policies then the others would follow suit.  It was Thomas Cook who instigated it all.

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 16:54:47 PM »
I used Thomas Cook flights for the first time in September and was pleasantly surprised with the service,the Glasgow check in was open for all flights so virtually no queueing,the Dalaman check in opened early,both flights were on time,the staff were polite and efficient,I enjoyed both meals and there was the largest amount of legroom I have ever had on a charter flight(Airbus A330).
Not a 'cheap' flight but the only one I could get at the time.
This flight was so much better than any other I have previously taken with various other charter airlines that as far as I am concerned my money was well spent.
I felt I got value from Thomas Cook.

Offline julesbob0303

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 23:13:29 PM »
I have only flown with Thomas Cook once (last year) and had the same service as John H.  No complaints from me either!  I messed up on a flight booking, and had no choice but to re-book with them, as it was short notice!  It was a great flight, and we got to where we wanted to go, on the day we wanted to fly.   :)

However, to be fair, I normally choose my flights, depending on cost.   :o :-\:P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf