Author Topic: Robbers in the Sky  (Read 2865 times)

Offline calvin 1949

Robbers in the Sky
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:44:18 AM »
Sister in law booked a last minute flight with Thomas Cook  8),then sudden realised that she had not bocked for cases in hold:( , she tried to contact them by helpline ,and after 20 minutes on hold: :) were advised to get to airport early and something would be sorted out for them  :).IT WAS!!! the robbing gits charged them £200 for the privilege of cases in hold[xx(].Its about time something was done about all these charges!!!![:(!] Calvin

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
it wasn't that long ago when someone mentioned charging over weight people extra on this site, and thread was divided, and as long as people don't become united and refuse to fly with certain carriers they the carriers can do what they like, because the new mantrs in all things "is what are you going to do about it".

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »
We where going to Portugal with Thomas Cook 4 years ago, we had to change our plans and let my son and his fiancee have the tickets, as my son had the same initial as my husband there was no change needed for his ticket.  Thomas Cook charged £200 to change my ticket name to my son's fiancee's name.
We have never used Thomas Cook since.

Offline peecee

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 12:56:38 PM »
I personally loathe Thomas Cook and only fly with them if desperate.  Their charges are ridiculous, they're rude, unhelpful and obnoxious generally.  If all the regular fliers DID boycott them (and let them know) then perhaps things may change.  This would mean actually phoning for tickets and then telling them WHY we don't want the tickets.  I.E I'm not paying for my suitcases, I'm not paying for a cra**y meal.  I'm not radical, in general, but having flown with airlines as a stewardess for 10 years they really are the pits.  It may cost us a few pennies/pounds extra to begin with but, in the long run, money (and people) talk.  If they don't get the passengers they won't fly here.  That opens up the route for another carrier.  And it's such a money spinner they won't want to give it up.  I would also say this applies to Easyjet who, supposedly, said they would be cheaper than all the others!!
It's a case of us all getting together and saying "NO"!!  Who's up for it?

Offline Harmless

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 15:36:11 PM »
Try complaining to Atol or ABTA or better still both.

Offline calvin 1949

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 16:50:55 PM »
It gets worse got done by traffic radar on way back from picking them up 265TL Fine , had enough for one day going out for an effes!!! Calvin

Offline blueclad

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 19:15:45 PM »
Travel republic web site  for example have some thomas cook flights a few ££££,s cheaper than flythomas cook AND include baggage charges within the price.. :o

Ron

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 19:40:44 PM »
Peecee,
I am a great believer in voting with your feet but I have booked with TC last weekend for October half term because a)the flight times are exactly what I wanted, b)they were cheaper, c)all the other airlines are pulling the same robbing stunts like paying for hold luggage etc.
I think it would be extreamly difficult to boycot 1 particular airline and I also believe that they all act in a similar vain.
Paul

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 20:32:07 PM »
Fine bewva, but would you have booked this flight if you had of experience a problem with them on a previous flight?  I think I will go with peecee she knows what she is talking about.   Thomas Cook seem to get the worst reports than any other airline. Have a look at Martin Lewis's website.  I would never fly with them again, even if I did pay less.
I also agree with peecee on the way they treat their customers.  I don't think all airlines are the same.  Check back with us in November with a glowing report of Thomas Cook.

Offline Eric

Robbers in the Sky
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 21:09:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

It gets worse got done by traffic radar on way back from picking them up 265TL Fine , had enough for one day going out for an effes!!! Calvin

Crikey Calvin, how fast were you going.  The size of that fine you must have been approaching the sound barrier:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf