Author Topic: Flight cancellation charges  (Read 2137 times)

Online marina

Flight cancellation charges
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »
Fingers crossed for you Jenny.  Also well done to them if they stick to what they've told you.   :)

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 07:44:53 AM »
Here's what happened!
I rang Travel Republic in my lunch hour, spoke to somebody who didn't sound too clued up, kept putting me on hold, only to come back and tell me the charge to cancel flight would be just £30. That's ok I thought?  :)
So I asked would it be possible to use the remaining money towards something else, hold again-for ages. At this point I had to hang up as my lunch hour had run out. :(
I rang them again in the evening to be told the charge would be £75, I asked them to check this as I had been advised £30 previously?
Definately £75.
The upshot being, I have used the remainder towards a week in Fuerteventura next Feb, in a bungalow by the sea, result, well sort of.
Hope this will teach me not to be so impulsive!  ;) I think not....

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
Oh that is good then Jenny that you did not have to forgo the whole sum of money, wish Goldtrail had been so helpful when they changed my airport to Bodrum, I ended up losing the whole £500 because I originally accepted the change of airport and then changed my mind!
It does make a nice change to hear of a flight provider doing something positive for a change. Well done.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf