Author Topic: Property Q and E s  (Read 4124 times)

Offline jackstee

Property Q and E s
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 17:30:59 PM »
You can nearly buy a property here for half the price it was advertised 3 years ago, unless it's ours you want and that 50% more expensive .

LOL

Offline Josey

Property Q and E s
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »
isn't it strange how an innocent announcement from a charity can be turned in a few minutes to a series of disparaging remarks, in effect denigrating that charity, to the extent of saying they are jealous of the CBF appeal for Bozalan school. Altho I am a new member, I do keep up with things via friends who send me links to certain topics they know will be of interest to me, and it seem to me that the people who have made these remarks have a serious self esteem problem of their own!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Property Q and E s
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 15:02:51 PM »
It seems FIG have made an error in choosing their "helpful voice" for the next Q&A session which is a shame as I know the charity means well & revenue generations isn't easy. I'm sure some of the past meetings have helped others but it's clearly obvious this company are not on the same planet as the rest of us who take an interest in local property prices.

Last winter I spent a lot of time researching prices/trends in the Calis area, without any doubt they have fallen not increased over the past 2 years, that much seems to be fact therefore their claims must be fiction!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Property Q and E s
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 15:23:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Josey

Altho I am a new member, I do keep up with things via friends who send me links to certain topics they know will be of interest to me, and it seem to me that the people who have made these remarks have a serious self esteem problem of their own!

Well you can belt up too then - I can assure you there are no self esteem problems here, and don't think you will allowed to turn up here making such accusations in your first post. If you have a problem with me, email me or phone me, I will give you contact details if you ask.

I will say one last time that I do not expect to be accused of not supporting FIG when I have done everything I can to promote everything they organise and give my time and bandwidth freely and gladly. As administrator of this website I cannot allow this event to be posted without letting people know that the company chosen to answer questions on property talk absolute rubbish and do so to try and prefer to paint pretty pictures to attempt to get people to buy property from them.

The whole thing reminds me of one of those timeshare presentations people are forced to sit through - if anyone is stupid enough to go along then that is entirely their choice - as it was my choice to let people know the sort of claims this marketing company make. As you see from other replies, their claims are not the reality that most people are experiencing.

I will not discuss this anymore, my views are crystal clear - so if you want to discuss it further you can contact me. If your intention is to make this a topic where you can stroll into my website and accuse me of "serious self esteem issues" I will remove you - and delete this topic. FIG can then sod off and find another idiot to publicise their "events".

You appear to think that on here I act like I own the place. There's a reason for that.

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
Property Q and E s
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 15:34:27 PM »
quote:

isn't it strange how an innocent announcement from a charity can be turned in a few minutes to a series of disparaging remarks, in effect denigrating that charity, to the extent of saying they are jealous of the CBF appeal for Bozalan school. Altho I am a new member, I do keep up with things via friends who send me links to certain topics they know will be of interest to me, and it seem to me that the people who have made these remarks have a serious self esteem problem of their own!

I have to agree that the response to this post suddenly became quite aggresive and in my opinion unneccesary, especially when implying that F.I.G were jealous of the fact that CBF were supporting another charity.

Many thanks to Scunner for pointing out that the estate agent in question has released some dubious figures. Now people are able to make an informed decision on whether they attend or not.

I think the forum is extremely useful and has helped me on a number of occasions. As I now become more knowledgeable on certain 'Turkish' things, having moved here, I have been able to pass this on to help other forum users.

However, apart from the silly but harmless comments, I do find some responses a little underhand and on occasion down right rude. Sometimes it continues and gets out of control. People have different opinions and ideas and see things from different points of view depending on their experiences. Some people have to keep forcing their opinion though and won't accept that their's isn't always correct.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Property Q and E s
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 15:45:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hotlips

Sometimes it continues and gets out of control.

No it doesn't - you really should try some other forums if you want to see what online "out of control" looks like  :)

My point is that"It would be nice if you sometimes supported FiGs activities" is not normally the way someone who gets massive free publicity (and their own section) would be expected to speak about the person who provided that and has done freely for over 2 years. Sorry if that doesn't make sense to you, it seems pretty obvious to me. Since I support them wherever possible, I can only assume they are upset that we are working with 3C this year for our special project - otherwise why say it..? I'm sorry to say it but these "after midnight" posts do seem to be the problem.

As for the latest arrival Josey - forums are like pubs and if you turn up for the first time ever, slagging the place off and the regulars/landlord, you might expect to get a less than warm welcome. I am available 24/7 if people want to privately discuss anything on the forum. Unlike many forums we are here to explain why we do what we do, you only need to ask.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Property Q and E s
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 19:17:18 PM »
quote:

isn't it strange how an innocent announcement from a charity can be turned in a few minutes to a series of disparaging remarks

I'd hardly call pointing out the terminological inexactitudes used by the guest speaker as being disparaging - more like pointing out the blindingly obvious (to anyone with any knowledge of the local property market) misleading statements used in their marketing material.

quote:

it seem to me that the people who have made these remarks have a serious self esteem problem of their own!

The only person I can see with a problem here is you doll, so jog on..

JF

Offline Janice1971

Property Q and E s
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 21:11:38 PM »
At the end of the day, this website is here to give you good, honest, decent advice and if you have a charity working with a less than honest company, members need to be made aware of it, I also feel that the comment from FIG is ungrateful, they could have dealt with this situation in a much better way, they are just damaging the charity!  I for one am grateful for a website where you receive an honest opinion, it may be not what you want to hear but its still good advice gained usually on others members experiences!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Property Q and E s
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 21:26:42 PM »
Thank you Janice. If people have a problem with the way the forum is run then they must contact me and tell me what the problem is - I am not above or beyond criticism and will welcome positive input. I want to be absolutely crystal clear on this - I set up CBF because I love the area and wanted people to share experiences and ideas - and because I enjoy running such a useful and helpful forum. I did not set it up so people could put extra hassle and abuse into my life. I am absolutely passionate about the charitable achievements of groups locally and that was the motivation for giving each group their own section on here, to announce and advertise what they are up to. I will not fund and support any such group that use the section I gave them to attack me or CBF - especially to accuse me of not supporting them when I have set this up for them. There is no website on the planet that tells more people what FIG is up to than CBF.

I will not pay for a section that you use to slate me - why would anyone do that? If FIG continue to accuse CBF of not supporting them - in the very section we set up to support them and their many events - or muster any more new members to appear from nowhere and wade straight in with insults and accusations, this topic and this FIG section will be gone. I will no longer involve myself in what invariably appear to be "after the pub" outbursts. Given the choice between arguing the toss with the next person in a staged procession of post menopausal old bats, and having a quieter life, I always plump for the quieter life. I am doing this for the common good of me, you, 9,000 members and the whole area - if you insist on trying to turn it into a base to bite the hand that tried to feed your cause it will be over. As I tell my kids, there will be no further warning, this is the final warning.

Topic is far past a stupid Q&A session and is now locked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf