Author Topic: Beware of cheap Transfers  (Read 12449 times)

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
Re: Beware of cheap Transfers
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2014, 21:19:59 PM »
We are going Orange.   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2014, 21:40:54 PM »
Good for you. Just to reiterate, ALL the main airport transfer companies in the area were approached to see if they would (after years of free advertising on CBF) just once give something back - and it was Fethiye Airport Transfers who gave transport for the kids for nothing.

The rest either refused or ignored the plea completely.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2014, 21:42:51 PM »
I am more sensitive to off-topicness than most.

But this is not off topic. I would like to make it clear that Fethiye Airport Transfers were the only transfer company to support or contribute anything to our Special Project for the Bozalan School - even though many of them got a lot of business over MANY years directly because of Calis Beach Forum, they didn't offer a penny between the lot of them. Fabulous at pocketing what CBF sends them for nothing, but deaf when (after 10 years) we ask for something back.

It is not off topic to suggest that people know all the facts when choosing who to use. There John, I said it for you.

Finger slipped

Offline tonyb

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »
Sorry if this is off subject, but I think this is a valid point.
I've banged on  about FAT for ages. It would seem they are better people than even I thought, and beleive me, I am not the easiest to please. How strange though, that companies suddenly become invisible when you ask a small favour or donation despite the fact that they advertised on this forum, promising discounts for gratis pretty damn quick.
As proven though, their service was second rate,at best & I'm not all surprised they didn't contribute.I won't even begin to rate their attitude.
Perhaps charging transfer companies to advertise, or make a contribution to the 3C's before they get business via plugs on this forum is a thought worth considering ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2014, 13:21:35 PM »
Any company that comes here purely to advertise themselves is thrown off quicker than it took them to type it normally  :)

We are here for opinions and while these companies being take, take, take and give nothing, we wouldn't be much of a discussion forum if we deleted member's posts that praise good service. It's difficult sometimes, I find biting my lip works for a week or two.

What really irritates me is the fact that we are trying to make lives better for people in THEIR country, and still they can't be bothered to chuck a fiver in - but that is a personal opinion.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »
Got the message. Just booked FAT. Seems like the ethical choice.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »
Villain - I am 100% sure you will not be disappointed.  :)

Offline honeycombe

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2014, 14:32:39 PM »
Hope they have lots of drivers, think a lot of custom will be coming their way,  what goes around comes around as the old saying goes  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf