Author Topic: Computers for schools appeal  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Computers for schools appeal
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 17:33:12 PM »
Would some cd roms for computers be any use for the children tho they are in English?they are Learning Land educational ones I have between 15 and 20 and if they are any good I can bring them out with me in April.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 20:01:07 PM »
Karennina, I am sure they may be helpful for the older children if you would like to donate them. Thank you.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 20:46:31 PM »
Ok I will bring them with me in April if they are no good for the Turkish children they can always go to one of the car boot sales and be sold to help raise money for one of the charities.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 07:01:47 AM »
Thanks karennina, let us know when you are out and we will arrange to collect them from you.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »
We are out from April 9th (can not wait!)I have just counted them up and there are 27 of them so weight in case depending I may have to bring half in April and half in May, I will email you nearer the time to arrange collection or I can leave them at a place if need be.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 20:48:45 PM »
I can not find the thread so apologies for putting it under the computer appeal but was someone asking for some clothes for an orpanage or something recently? just that there were six brand new t-shirts at the school where I work today and were going to be thrown away they have a few small logos on but if they can be put to use I will bring these in April as well.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 22:53:18 PM »
Hi Karen, we are getting a lot of clothes together to give to some of the users of the Calis rehabilitation centre as we are told that a lot of them come from poor village families.  The T shirts would be great for the youngsters and it does seem a real waste to be throwing them away. Anything that you can fit in your case would be very welcome but we would not want you to make yourself overweight and have to pay excess baggage charges on our account  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 21:01:00 PM »
No dont worry I want to bring them and contribute to a really good cause they are light so can go in the hand luggage if need be!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf