Author Topic: Ridiculous - 5 restaurants closed for 'hassling'  (Read 13190 times)

Offline quackers

Ridiculous - 5 restaurants closed for 'hassling'
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2007, 13:07:05 PM »
Just come back from a stroll down the beachfront. All restaurants /bars seem to be open. Not a lot of banter only chat we got was from the staff that know us.All the other bar/restaurant staff seem very quiet.

Offline Keith

• Middleton, Manchester, UK
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2007, 13:15:11 PM »
Sitting in Guvens bar (Oban 2) at the end of prom having a very cold Efes, it`s a bitch of a life but someones got to do it.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2007, 13:27:40 PM »
Talking to a guy who went to Marmaras last year and as he was window shopping he and his wife were asked in by the owner, after 10 minutes he went to leave  the owner locked the door and wouldn't let them out until they bought something ( it was a leather shop ). They managed to get out and called the police but the owner was only warned.
That's what I would call hassling there's nothing wrong with a bit of banter as long as they don't try to force you.  :)

Offline KayteeLouise

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2007, 13:38:03 PM »
yeaaah.
that never happends in calis with resturant or bars.
inless there all open now  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2007, 15:36:41 PM »
They can lock me in a bar anytime:P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 15:37:18 PM by stoop »

Offline Kazzyber

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2007, 16:05:59 PM »
When is the next bar lock in - I for one would like to be there!! Back to the subject in hand, the banter along the front is all part of Calis but there are times when you just want to get to your destination without being stopped every 5 minutes, with this said Calis would not be Calis without it.  Some restaurants do try to stop you more, Bambu being one of them, but its harmless certainly don't think they should have been closed for it.  My little boy loves all the chat, does a good impression of the guys on the front, 'Look we ave childrens menu' 'Free icecream for the baby' etc etc comes back home and makes everyone laugh here with his rendition of what happens on Calis promenade. Maybe the authorities should take all this into account.

Offline Lucy

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2007, 16:28:36 PM »
I personally dont have a problem with the banter on the front however a lot of tourists have told me they are put off by it and would rather go somewhere where they dont feel hassled.Anyway its not talking to customers that is the problem the places that were closed down had all been caught by an undercover team from Mu#287;la handing out written advertisements(cards flyers etc)which is illegal in turkey unless promoting a one off or rare event such as a concert

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007, 16:31:48 PM »
 :) It looks like this has just been a warning for the rest of the season, to let them know they are being watched, So sounds like alls open and happy now, ;)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 16:50:22 PM »
My son said they are looking at making it up to 16, or another 16 are waiting to hear, we'll soon find out, i think it's wrong, they are not on the main road to the prom, so all they are doing is handing out fliers showing where the bar is, not hassling, if you walk all the way up the prom, you get to seril 1, but you don't see daisy bar, is it so wrong to let people  know there is a bit more after seril 1. Alan

Offline Pebbles

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 20:22:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy

I personally dont have a problem with the banter on the front however a lot of tourists have told me they are put off by it and would rather go somewhere where they dont feel hassled.Anyway its not talking to customers that is the problem the places that were closed down had all been caught by an undercover team from Mu#287;la handing out written advertisements(cards flyers etc)which is illegal in turkey unless promoting a one off or rare event such as a concert

How strange is that? That's a bit of a weird law becuase there's so many different aspects that need advertising and promoting. whether its a massive concert or a local band or a brand new chain store or a corner shop and they're going to get no where if they can't promote.

and i agree if someone is beeing locked in a store unless they buy something - that is hassling to the max. and hostage.
but what the barmen in calis are doing isn't really hassling, its just promoting and being friendly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf