Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2232 times)

Offline oska

Hi everyone
« on: April 26, 2008, 21:33:51 PM »
Hi everyone

Been reading the forum since May last year just prior to our first trip into Turkey.
We have always been a Caravan family owning our own tourer and doing the usual rounds of the UK.

Last year,the youngest daughter came home from school and stated she just didn't want to go to the Lake District as all her friends were going on planes around to the usual holiday destinations.
I've always loved the touring life but had to admit defeat when both her,her elder sister and the good lady wife refused to "do the usual holiday" (my eldest (son)  gave up on caravans years back.
I started looking for "cheap" holidays

I really didn't fancy the package carry-on as I had done plenty of this when I was younger and really wanted some sort of independance by way of a villa or such like.I soone got addicted to searching the internet and found Turkey offered the most by way of choice.
The wife was none too keen on the idea of Turkey but after she had talked to some of her friends ,found that it sounded better than the Spains,Portugals,etc.so decided to go with it.

We booked a Villa for two weeks,sorted the flights from Newcastle and prepared.(Days at the METRO CENTER shopping soon followed.They refused to allow me to take my big brown camper Cardigan so I had to sort myself out with vest tops and such like...This was when I started having doubts ~I love my "holiday" cardy)

I booked an apartment through the web and started searching more info finally stumbling amongst you lot.It seems as though I know most of you now.I followed the swimming pool saga,the best bars,best places to eat,the dodgy shops...and ended up feeling part of it before I even got there.

We ended up in Calis,mid August 2007...no recommendations from anyone,just because it seemed so suitable for us.

Our holiday was great,met some lovely people,enjoyed the taste of Turkish hospitality and are now hooked.

Finally decided to "LOGIN" tonight as I.m going through our holiday plans for this year...can honestly say that even through the winter months up here ib Newcastle I have viewed the site to check on the new work in the main street and followed other topics.

Sorry for the long post I just thought I would let you know who we are and how we found you.I'm not a forum member of anything else so a tottal newbie (I've even learnt the forum language...lol)I've been desperate to type "lol"
( for such a long time...lol...lol...lol i'm not really laughing out loud~just wanted do type it)

Owing to a few too many Drambui's at new year,I have offered to bring along my 17 year old daughters boyfriend this year...I'm regretting this now,he's a lovely lad but I have "technical issues" on the sleeping arangements~I'm sure other parents of 17 year old daughters understand where I'm coming from
I will continue to look for arrangements for this year and hopefully get sorted soon.We stayed at the Diamond apartments last year I know there are some forum member who own/visit there...so HI to all these people

Needless to say,our caravan is now up for sale.
Thanks for having me'''lol

OSKA

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 21:43:55 PM »
Hi oska
Welcome to the forum
What a 1st post, you`ve written more words than I have in 4 & a half years,   :D

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Hi everyone
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 21:59:25 PM »
And they made sense.
Welcome to the Forum. 8)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hi everyone
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 22:35:47 PM »
a very warm welcome oska loved your intro a nice change from some

Offline Jules1

Hi everyone
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 00:12:00 AM »
Oska, you sound like a travel writer for the Times or Caravan and Camping weekly! lol.  Great first post btw.  Welcome to the forum.
 8) Gotta wear my shades cos it's been soooooooo sunny here in Manchester today (we only get the one day a year, so may as well make the most of it! lol)
We've done the opposite to you, after years going abroad we recently bought a camper so we can have more hols touring round UK, the only problem is having the time to do it, as we use most of our hols from work coming to our place in Calis.
So, when's your next visit to Calis planned for?
Julie  :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Hi everyone
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 05:21:56 AM »
What a change to read such a very comprehensive first post....at this rate you will be doing two or three pages at a time!:D  A very warm welcome to the Forum. :)

Offline mutlusandra

Hi everyone
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 06:56:12 AM »
Welcome Oska, You will find a few northeasterners here to keep you going!

Offline calvin 1949

Hi everyone
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 07:36:59 AM »
Hi Oska and welcome to the forum

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Hi everyone
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:06:30 AM »
Oska - welcome to the forum - great post - tells us the full story!

I am sure you will gets lots of useful advice on here about your holiday(s) - not sure about the technical issues :D:D

I suspect the only way to deal with those is "fear" :D

Offline julesbob0303

Hi everyone
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »
Hi Oska, welcome to the forum.  Yours starts as a similar story to ours - loved the camping life; went from renting a Eurocamp tent to buying our very own trailer tent; couple of wet holidays later, sold it - too much hassle!; came to Calis first time last August, loved everything about it and put a deposit down on an apartment on the last day of our hols (sold our house in the UK and downsized to fund it!); back in October to furnish it; back at Easter to pick up the Tapu!  Think our holidays are now sorted (in the sun!) for ever!  Bit of a drastic move from the trailer tent in the rain, but we have absolutely no regrets and spend all of our time planning and thinking about our next holiday.  Probably see you in the summer!  Julie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf