Author Topic: Rudeness to Other Members Ends TODAY :-)  (Read 11094 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rudeness to Other Members Ends TODAY :-)
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2008, 10:17:43 AM »
Outwit? Halfwit more like

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »
forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't one of our recently 'banned' members write with the same punctuation patterns.....Scunner, you're the expert, but it rang a bell with me....

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »

If what he said about using his company computers is right, I wonder what they would think of one of their employees using their equipment to disrupt the likes of CBF. Sackable offence in a lot of companies.

Baz 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »
You are getting good at this Pooks. Yes, it is the person you think it is. I see the punctuation mistakes too but best not to speak of them, it will only be one more thing he will avoid doing when he arrives under disguise number 58.

Baz, he is talking junk. It is easy to hide your IP, but it just jumps out at me - after all, we don't have many members from Illinois in the US of A  :) You can't choose to use one of your employer's global IP's when you are in the UK. What you can do is hide yours to attempt to be anonymous. The IP he was on didn't even exist! Even sadder, after being locked out, he returned as "Zulu Warrior" - and would you believe, our Zulu friend was on the same Illinois IP as bikerman!!! Two in the space of 5 minutes. These Chicago types are like buses...

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
Keith,
In order to prevent these d**kheads getting on to the Forum in the first place instigate a delayed registration process whereby a new member has to wait until you or one of the moderators has verified their IP address and credentials BEFORE they can post.
SteveJ

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2008, 12:56:58 PM »
Hi Steve,

That is possible to do, but it's just another admin job to do and it is usual for these "d**kheads" to register using their normal IP but switch to devious tactics when they decide to post. I doubt it would prevent it happening. Also I wonder why I should, because 3 repeat offenders out of 4950 decide to try to spoil something they just can't stand to see others enjoy.

I could insist that registrations include First and last names, but what would that achieve? I can prevent people from being able to register using a hotmail email address (the "d**kheads always seem to spend 5 minutes getting one, it's easy) but then people who are genuine hotmail using members suffer - and there are far more genuine hotmail users than "d**kheads, why should they be affected by 3 idiots?

To be honest, for the size of the forum, we don't have as much of this as maybe we could. I sort of enjoy the chase, although I hate to see normal topics turn away from the subject into a banning argument. Where I'm from if you have a problem you stand up and make your grievance known, people don't hide and make sneaky comments. I'm disappointed that people are so cowardly.

Above all else, I wonder, what is it about CBF these people despise so much? It's not a controversial subject, it's about a (once?) sleepy little place that touches people's hearts. It's a great website. I can say that not because I am a big headed twit, but because I know that it is great because of the people who post, as much as anything else.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2008, 13:17:58 PM »
I didn't consider you to be big headed  :) Ooops - meant as friendly banter only and in no way intimated my agreement that you are a twit. Double ooops - that last bit was also friendly banter.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2008, 13:19:22 PM »

:D

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2008, 17:28:47 PM »
They come and they go and the more often they do it the easier they are for us all to spot.

Anyone coming on and straight away starting to slag the site is suspect in my book.  
After all why bother posting if we are all so bad.  Majority of folk would just find somewhere else to go.

BUT I do like to see the defence of the sight in action ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2008, 23:48:55 PM »
Our 3rd Chicago member just arrived, none for 5 years and 3 in a week!

Give it up, John Kent...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf