Author Topic: Nicholas Homes  (Read 33984 times)

Offline kevin b

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by terjan

i have been contacted within the last week by nicholas to tell me that my tapu is ready for collection,[ :)i completed the purchase 18 months ago this is the second property i have purchased through nicholas the first one took 2 years for the tapu this time period is normal

Maybe normal for Nicholas but I do not think it is the norm for all builders or agents.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nicholas Homes
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 10:21:59 AM »
Hardly "normal for Nicholas", a number of posters on CBF have been waiting 4 or 5 years for their Tapu from Nicholas, including Mishy (above) since 2005. Today is 2009.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 13:23:56 PM »
Just as a matter of interest, does it make the process quicker if you live here? We found our property at the begining of January 2008, took the builder 3 weeks to finish it, we moved in 23rd January, and we had our Tapu 17th April, around 3 months start to finish.

We did not deal with Nicholas Homes mind.

Baz 8)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 13:26:22 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline kevman

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 17:56:41 PM »
We didn't live here at the time and our tapu only took 3 months to be ready for collection by us.

Offline phil1839

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 19:14:17 PM »
We have purchased two properties off Nicholas. The first in 2002, the TAPU came through quite quickly. The second property was an apartment on the Beechwood complex at Occakoy. The TAPU for that property took some time, apparently the complex was built on Tourist Land and they had to apply for the land to be re-designated as Residential Land before the TAPU was issued. We have sold that property but have been informed that TAPU's have now been issued. That may be the problem with Chateaux that they are re-designating the land as residential, perhaps you could contact the Nicholas Solicitor at the Park Hotel and see what she says. We are now out of the Nicholas loop but have heard rumours that they are selling or have sold Hotels, the Park and the Grove to raise cash. I can only say that these are rumours, we are no longer Nicholas customers so cannot say for certain what is happening. If I can find out any further info. from Nicholas tenants I will publish it on this forum.

Offline Mishy

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 20:06:14 PM »
in response  to the last post Nurettin is the Nicholas Solicitor. I would like to add at the time of buying or intending to buy. I came upon this forum and can honestly say it has been a gold mine of information. We were assured that we were not purchasing anything that was designated as Touristic Land. The villa  was built off plan and to a very high standard. We have not been disappointed in anyway with the other services we use with Nicolas. I think if there are no objections I will use the responses and comments here without names and post them in an eamil to Nurettin. just using the power of the forum to get a response and stop the rumour mill

Offline terjan

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 22:38:43 PM »
nurettin is not the nicholas solicitor, the solicitor is a lady her name is selva she is based at the nicholas park hotel and i have always found her available if you call or telephone give her a ring she is very easy to deal with and informative :)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Nicholas Homes
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »
Nurettin is the younger brother and is MD, spends alot of time in UK and is a nice guy, always found that he can get things resovled faster than Sevla. not sure if they are selling the park hotel, but they do own 4 hotel in all,maybe be selling one.if you have a problem then write to him at uk address. the rumour mills can not be doing his business any good or/and just worry's those who have not got thier tapu's or rely on Nicholas for maintenance etc.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Nicholas Homes
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 18:08:19 PM »
Our tapu took two years to come through - again, due to the tourist land issue which worried me from the very start. We also emailed Nicholas for some work to be carried out during the winter, but have received no reply to this (five months ago!) and we are also aware of some maint staff having been finished up (although have never really got to the bottom as to why.) Still, due to the recession and the mass of unsold property in the area, is it any wonder that they may be having financial problems? I hope, that this is just a rough time they are having, and that they will come through in tact.  I have always been very happy with their services and maint / management side of the company and do not really want to have to start shopping around for an alternative. Unfortunately it seems to be a sign of the times - I have friends who commenced their purchase of a front line golf apartment on a polaris world complex over four years ago, and are still awaiting completion! It would appear that they too are suffering and are unable to meet their obligations .....Having said all of that, with the euro being as it is at present, we can only hope that Turkey and in particular our area, will have a more prosperous year than previously, and that the extra visitors will help out the local business's, hotels etc and bring some much needed cash into the area.

Offline kevin b

Nicholas Homes
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 18:14:08 PM »
I think the downside for all you buyers waiting a long time for the tapu is that you will pay more purchase tax to the council as they valuation will now be higher than when you actually bought the property.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf