Author Topic: OHY 7620 Birmingham to DLM - 25 October  (Read 2609 times)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 20:46:40 PM »
Well - we complained to Aegean today based on the fact that this invoice was more than 12 hours later than the original booking and whilst they still refused a full refund they did give us a 20GBP per person compensation payment. Paid for the Chinese take away tonight and a few bottles of Efes in a weeks time.

Offline maureen

OHY 7620 Birmingham to DLM - 25 October
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 15:59:57 PM »
Hello Happy Monday

Please tell how you managed to get your £60 compensation from Aegean.  I  have just spoken to them and they say they know nothing about anyone having any compensation paid for this flight change.  Did you make a big fuss[?][?]

I would be grateful for any tips on how to tackle them :)

Maureen

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 17:56:45 PM »
Hi Maureen. We did make a fuss and showed them the original booking times versus the latest time and referred them back to their terms and conditions and also reminded them that we fly up to 3 times a year with them. They gave us £20 per person not as compensation but as a 'goodwill' gesture. They refused to refund us in full.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 18:13:51 PM »
We had £60 out of them, and didn't even have the "more than 12 hours difference" in our flights!  They had messed us around though, and we ended up having to fly 165 miles away (Manchester), instead of about 20 miles away from home (Bristol).

I wrote to them, outlining the difference in mileage (total of 330 miles of petrol!), the car parking for the week (we wouldn't have needed this at Bristol), plus the numerous phone calls to and from my mobile by Airflights, whilst in Turkey in August, constantly changing our flights, which cost me a fortune.

£60 is hardly a massive amount of money, but the flights were quite cheap in the first place, and it will at least cover our petrol and parking costs.  And the best bit, we still get our holiday.   :)

Offline maureen

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 16:02:21 PM »
Thanks for your suggestions, we will get back on to Aegean.  I will probably get hubby onto it - he's better at that sort of thing than me!!

Maureen :)

Offline maureen

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 11:50:54 AM »
Julesbob
You probably don't want to hear this - but the flight from Birmingham on 25 October was not full!!  

We were on it and there was all sorts of chaos going on - someone from the airport despatch came on after most people were in their seats and made everyone who was sitting in the first 10 rows move to the back of the plane.  Those people had to just find anywhere to sit.  Families who had booked to sit together were split up and not happy.

It was a bit worrying to hear the guy say "this plane cannot take off until the first 10 rows are empty".  I gather it can happen when a plane is not full - the weight has to be distributed in a certain way!

Hope you had a good break anyway.

Maureen

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 20:11:11 PM »
Hi Maureen. We were gobsmacked too. There were over 60 empty seats and I've flown all my life and never heard of a situation where the front of the plane had to have all the seats empty in order to take off. What a disaster!

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 20:40:04 PM »
Never heard of that before!!  Sounds a bit worrying!  Well, our flight out of Manchester wasn't full either.  8)

We had a bit of a scare on our 165 mile drive there, as (half an hour into the journey), we heard on the radio that the M6 was at a standstill, with traffic queueing for more than 90 minutes.   :o  

As that was still two hours away for us, we weren't sure what delays we were going to face once we got there. It was Saturday afternoon, and we thought we had allowed plenty of time, but definitely not enough for huge traffic jams!  :(

As it was, we arrived at the airport about one and a half hours before our flight was due to depart (and, for Onur Air, it was only an hour late   :-\ ).  Return flight was 15 minutes EARLY departing!!   :o :o :o  The long drive home wasn't much fun though  .....

AND I'm still waiting for the £60 they promised to refund!  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf