Author Topic: OHY 7620 Birmingham to DLM - 25 October  (Read 2608 times)

Offline maureen

OHY 7620 Birmingham to DLM - 25 October
« on: October 14, 2009, 16:15:17 PM »
For anyone on this flight beware that our lovely friends at Onur Air\Aegean have changed the times.  It now departs at 21:20 instead of 18:10 on 25 October.

For those returning on 1 November the flight is now 10 hours earlier, departing at 04:00am from DLM (instead of 14:45).  I thought those original flight times were too good to be true [:(!]

By the way they only informed me by sending blank email with an attachment pdf copy of "your holiday invoice" which  nearly I didn't open, as I already have it.  On this invoice is a line saying "please note change of flight times!!"

Maureen

Offline spencer family

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 17:13:34 PM »
I had the same thing when I got home from work, not only have they changed the time by 10 hours but they have changed our departure airport to East Midlands instead of Birmingham, we go on Sunday 18th!! So we fly from East Midlands and fly back to Birmingham!

Offline maureen

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 17:54:16 PM »
Oh you poor things, you're in a worse situation than us - rotten luck!

Maureen

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 21:41:43 PM »
Maureen we are on the same flight and are really mad as the original flight times were so good. We are only out for a week and lose most of Monday now due to catching up on sleep and will be losing all Sunday as well. We are considering cancelling.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 22:34:27 PM »
I know I have had a go at Onur a few times in the past but lately I have sort of let things go ;-)

Am I wrong in thinking that it only seems to be this company that makes so many changes to flights. Times, and departure airports seem to be quite the norm.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:35:32 AM »
My daughters flight back from Dalaman was cancelled completely, they did offer an alternative which meant a 5 hr coach trip tu Bodrum, needless to say they declined that offer and made a claim and won plus got a better flight from dalaman with another co
Ron

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 07:44:14 AM »
In theory we can get a full refund as the original ticket booking flight was over 12 hours later than the new flight time. However, nothing else available for 200GBP or under now :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 09:50:21 AM »
Four years ago, we were getting our Villa ready and took a package holiday to Calis.  Our Onur flight to Scotland was cancelled, no one told us and we were all bused up to Dalaman Airport.  The  package holidays where done through a company in England (long gone).  The Company rep dropped everyone off at the Airport and disappeared. A representative from Yabanci Travel was employed to come and explain to all the angry passengers that there was no flight.   The next flight was in 3 days, unless we wanted to fly to London and then to Scotland which was a 24 hour journey, returning to a different airport in Scotland (our car was at another Scottish aiport) so they offered to put everone up in an Hotel in Dalaman.  We were lucky we had the Villa and we hired a car and went back to Calis.   We felt sorry for a young couple on the flight he was due to go offshore from Aberdeen to relieve his back to back and had to telephone his Company to explain.  
We all did get compensation after a long battle, but it really did not cover the money we had spent, or the fact my husband had to book the extra three days as part of his holidays.  
Jacqui.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »
there are flights on 26 th from leeds cardiff bristol manchester  from £188 if any use to anyone.
Ron

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 20:53:22 PM »
Our Onur Air flight from Bristol on 24th has been cancelled.  They then offered us the Birmingham flight, which we said was ok.  They rang again and said this was now full, and we'd have to go from Gatwick the day before.  We weren't able to do this, as we'll both be in work.  They came back again and told us we'd have to fly from Manchester (a 330 mile round trip from South Wales  :( ).

Rather than miss out on our holiday we accepted this flight.  I wrote a letter of complaint to Airflights (who we booked through)as they messed us round so much, and have just had £60 back!  Pays for the car park and petrol which we didn't originally need.  [:(!]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf