Author Topic: Catching Criminals in Calis  (Read 6225 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Catching Criminals in Calis
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 22:13:32 PM »
isn't that the second time he has left?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 22:42:51 PM »
Leaving personalaities out of this for a moment.....

Indeed it is a fun Forum Tink, but a fair part of my enjoyment of this Forum is that it also has serious debates on a whole range of subjects.

When this is the case, and it should be fairly clear that the thread is on a serious matter, then it is surely unfair for people to "take the pea" out of the author for whatever reason. (And I say that whilst admitting that your post of a spinning disc was very funny at the time - but only in ignorance of the author's sincerity.)

Some people (myself included I fear) are more easily "hurt" than others and struggle to understand why they are being, in their eyes, picked on.

Offline june

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2009, 23:01:09 PM »
'Well said Tinx' give a blimin rest Twin Bee.....blimey its one thing putting your views forward...but...talk about OTT......take or leave it Twin Bee its your choice....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2009, 23:31:56 PM »
I too have received an email from Twin Bee. I'm regularly disappointed that we can't seem to have a damn good ruck about things on CBF without someone feeling they are being singled out for attack, where the truth actually is that they hold their view alone.

Twin Bee's style is wordy to say the least and on more than one occasion I believe this has caused his actual point or question to be lost amongst lots of other parts of his post. I think it's important when dealing with sensitive issues that your opinion  or question is entirely clear and uncluttered. I also believe that when bringing up sensitive issues that you appreciate there will be people who will strongly disagree with you, and you should prepare yourself for that.

Finally I'd like to say that I know Twin Bee (Stuart), and he always has been, in my opinion, a thoroughly decent, compassionate and gentlemanly fellow. In fact, few people can take me aback as much as he has over the years when comparing the person and the post :D

You can freely come and go from CBF as you please, but I hope you stay Stuart  :)

p.s. That's your reply to your email too lol

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2009, 06:50:12 AM »
I have had yet another unsolicited email from Twin Bee accusing me of making public his OTHER unsolicited email. I have responded saying that it was a debate on an open forum and I have no wish to make it a private debate.

I admit I placed one line of his drivel on the forum to inform members of his alleged departure. If that is against forum rules then ban me.

To all forum members, If I receive an unsolicited email I have the right to publish in part or as a whole as I see fit.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:01:13 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »

I have had yet another email from Twin Bee. I have now stopped the ability of people to contact me privately through the forum.

Baz

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 13:05:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Twin Bee's style is wordy to say the least and on more than one occasion I believe this has caused his actual point or question to be lost amongst lots of other parts of his post. I think it's important when dealing with sensitive issues that your opinion  or question is entirely clear and uncluttered. In there lies the problem though. Not everyone can achieve that with the written word.

I also believe that when bringing up sensitive issues that you appreciate there will be people who will strongly disagree with you, and you should prepare yourself for that Agreed - but it is the arguement that should be attacked, not the person.

Finally I'd like to say that I know Twin Bee (Stuart), and he always has been, in my opinion, a thoroughly decent, compassionate and gentlemanly fellow. I don't know Twin Bee, but his email to me would suggest that you are totally correct Scunner

You can freely come and go from CBF as you please, but I hope you stay Stuart I'll second that

Offline scorcher

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 16:52:05 PM »
Boys Boys - I truly believe this thread has run it's course. We are better than this so please give it a rest !

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »
Agreed and what a dis course it has been.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf