Author Topic: December Aegean Flights Cancelled  (Read 7330 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
December Aegean Flights Cancelled
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2009, 18:39:22 PM »
We have been told we are not entitled to any compensation as Goldtrail are ofering us a free transfer to Dalaman from Bodrum, to be honest I have found them quite patronising on the phone and would seem to me with a could not care less attitude!

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 19:07:24 PM »
Karennina, suggest you go back to Goldtrail and tell that you want the compensation, the operator Hoilday's 4 you is giving Goldtrail the refund if you don't believe me phone the number below that I have listed, don't give up you will get it, we are on a free transfer to Dalaman from Bodrum and still got the £20 per person refund, I know we booked direct but we have friends traveling from Manchester/Dalaman who used an agent (not Goldtrail) and got there compensation as hoilday's 4 you, changed the departure/return date and times to another charter flight.

Stand up for your consumer rights phone H4U on 01273 426430 don't give up

Chris

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2009, 19:50:02 PM »
Thanks for that Chris much appreciated, we did not book with holiday's for u though, we are booked with Low cost holidays, and quite honestly I wont be using them again, I would rather pay a bit extra in future and go to the right airport. I will try again with them re the compensation.
Cheers Karen.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 19:58:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by gunna

Stand up for your consumer rights

Don't give up the fight of course, but your consumer rights do not entitle you to compensation. They have to provide transport to your original airport without charge, and they must offer you the option of a full refund. As far as I know, that's all I'm afraid.

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 09:01:54 AM »
Hi, Keith, is right with his assumption of your rights under consumer law, don't give up, not only do they have to provide the free transfer to your original destination, they have also in this case moved your departure (in turkey) date and times from the 3rd jan to 4th jan, one could argue that you are getting an extra days holiday, but what if you have to be back at work  on the 4th, it could be tricky with your employer hence the £20 compensation not a lot, but worth having.

On another point

If the operator has made certain promises and fails to supply such services that you have paid for, then its a breach of contract, and you could if you wish take them to a small claims court, there is no set rule so its looked at case by case.

useful websites that you may wish to look at for guidance as follows:

www.consumerdirect.gov.uk
www.tradingstandards.gov.uk
www. nacab.org.uk
www.abta.com

Please as said earlier don't give up.

Chris

Offline kevman

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
Hi Gunna, I received email by return today with new eticket and 20kgs of luggage printed on it.
Grateful thanks to you for all your help.

Offline sooty

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 17:27:12 PM »
Our flight was cancelled on Sunday 20th December (Dalaman to Manchester) they moved us on to the Monday flight 21st December, we have got our tickets through with 20kgs baggage allowance and today I e:mailed them and asked for our 40 pound compensation and this afternoon I received an telephone call from Aegean to tell me they have credited my credit card with 40 pounds so you should be entitled to it Karennina everyone else seems to have been compensated.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2009, 01:25:28 AM »
You are really lucky Sooty!  We are STILL waiting for our £60 compensation from Aegean and our flight was in October!!  I'm wondering why they haven't just refunded our card, rather than us having to wait for a cheque refund (it's taken about 10 weeks, so far!)  I've typed another letter tonight, but running out of steam now - they offered us the £60 compensation early October which we accepted - it's just getting our hands on the flipping money now which is the problem!!!   :o :-\ 8):(

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2009, 11:15:47 AM »
Julie, I said it before, please telephone Hoildays4you on 01273 426430 and ask for wendy she is a supervisor, she will get things sorted out for you just give her your booking ref:4*****

And advise her that if it is not sorted out by close of play Tuesday 15th December and the monies are not credited to your card, you will take legal action, I don't think for one minute that you will have to go to court, but be prepared, its quite easy you will have do this via your nearest county court, I had to do it for an travel insurance claim thia year it took a long time to get it sorted, but we did win the case and they paid up in full including the court fees.

Good Luck

Chris

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »
Well what a nightmare Goldtrail keep saying it is up to our agent to sort out and Low Cost Hols do not want to know! I have told them they can keep £92 towards their admin fees and refund me £400 but they just do not care! This has now become a matter of principal and I am doing the small claims court thing online I really did not want to bring my son into this, but my son has autism and this is the first year in nineteen years that we were / are going away so I am also going for compensation for ruined travel plans, it will cost me £35 but I do not care about that. The flight was  also changed for the return journey and we would have to allow at least seven hours for travel and check in that is just ridiculous!
Thanks so much for all the help and advice that has been offered via the forum.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf