Author Topic: Turkish driving licence  (Read 2476 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

Turkish driving licence
« on: February 05, 2010, 13:39:56 PM »
Hope this in the right place scunner.  Have done a search and can,t find a topic on the whole cost plus tax for applying for a turkish driving licence, know it,s a bit of a procedure, but can anyone help.  Have been on British for over 5 years so thought it was time to sort this out

Offline terrie

Turkish driving licence
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 14:33:11 PM »
we did ours through koray,at Atak translation service,fethiye,he couldnt of been more helpful,sorry dont no costs,but if you pop in he has all costs listed,if hes not there see gunes his wife who also speaks good english

Offline berrygirl91

Turkish driving licence
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
hi could you tell me where the office is in fethiy as interested in changin my licence over to turkish. thank you

Offline ovaciksarah

Turkish driving licence
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »
first went to Arsla charging 750tl then found out another translator charging 586tl, bit of a difference

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Turkish driving licence
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
There have been several discussions in the past on other forums about the need, or not, for a Turkish licence and the consensus after talking to Trafik Polis / Jandarma is that a Turkish Driving Licence is mandatory for a Turkish Citizen but for a Residence Permit holder, a notarised translation of their UK or EU Driving Licence is sufficient.

I think you'd be wise to take a Turkish speaker with you to the Trafik Polis offices at Patlangic and ask there whether it's really necessary for you to spend all that money on a Turkish Driving Licence.

Offline beldibi

Turkish driving licence
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 23:18:54 PM »
KKOB I think that the main problem for a Resident Visa holder, who is mostly resident in Turkey, is that the Ins Co will not pay out.  Legally, if you are resident in Turkey for more than 6 months, you need a Turkish licence.
The current cost is approx. 500tl.

Offline ovaciksarah

Turkish driving licence
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 13:30:50 PM »
Have spoken to ins. co. and no problems with them paying out anything, but just to make sure, am doing the Turkish driving licence tomorrow, then at least it,s for life not like England, and if I have to go back there for a few weeks, lasts for 6 months

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Turkish driving licence
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 07:10:43 AM »
Some of these costs for a turkish licence seem very high.Anyone else wanting one could not do better than talk to Ronny at the Irlanda bar fethiye and he will get his wife to do it with you for a sensible fee!It does not take long but it is a bit complicated with the various offices you have to visit.The simple question for deciding wether you need a turkish DL is, if you are living here under permission of a residency you do need one.If you are living here with a 90visa you do not.In any doubt get your insurence to confirm their intention to pay out in your particular circumstanses in writing!

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Turkish driving licence
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 07:20:14 AM »
its not only insurance companies you have to satisfy....if you are involed in a fatal accident then judges get involved and if you havnt got the right paperwork you could be in deep merde!!

Offline ovaciksarah

Turkish driving licence
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 09:05:45 AM »
All done, yesterrday, so easy, with help, and police say licence will be ready to collect on Monday.  At least it,s for life no renewing, and feel much safer as often stopped on way to Yaniklar.  It,s the same law as England, you can drive on foreign licence for 6 months, but in England you then hav e to take a british test.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf