Author Topic: yellow season here again  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
yellow season here again
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 15:34:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

:(  no, but I've been attacked by the yellow stuff for the past four years and remember being told to drink the local tea if we suffered with hayfever from the pollen.

Don't worry Rindi...you'll know when the Pookies have arrived !!!: :):D

Oh good, I was thinking I had my dates wrong, LOL!  No I was wondering if you knew that it was happening now.  I think there's a misunderstanding.  No one is disputing that the pollen can turn everything yellow.  But I cant see it happening here yet, though a friend thinks it is.  Certainly our tree hasn't started.

Offline farmer

yellow season here again
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 20:32:47 PM »
Sorry to say it, but I didn't stop to consider where those people suffering the Yellow dust deposits actually live. I guess it must be a very localised thing, some sort of micro - climate.
Certainly over the past five years there have been heavy pollen deposits in the general Fethiye / Calis area, so much so that the sea in front of Calis Beach has actually taken a yellowish hue.
The earliest this has happened though is in mid to late April.

The recent dust on all the cars in the Catalarik, Gunlukbasi / Calis areas, much bemoaned by the owners, has been reported as Orange - Red.
 The only yellow pollen I have personally seen in my garden so far this year has been from my Peach tree. It came into bloom a month ago. This particular tree always blossoms and friuts very early. So much so that I picked the last fruit from it on the 7th June last year. I guess this proves the micro - climate point, and that anything is possible, naturewise, in Turkey :)

farmer

Offline cheers

yellow season here again
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 23:22:34 PM »
Whatever it is its there - just keep dusting!!

: :): :): :)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
yellow season here again
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 01:58:30 AM »
definate dusting of yellow pine pollen in fethiye last few days, made worse by the high winds on monday and tues, yesterday wind came up in the afternoon and there was a yellow haze with clouds of the stuff. if you look closely at the pine trees just now you can see the flowers and where its coming from. happens this time every year but seems worse this year.

Offline kevman

yellow season here again
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 06:47:44 AM »
Definately got a lovely covering of yellow stuff on my balcony this morning...A bit close to the mountain me thinks!!!!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
yellow season here again
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 16:20:57 PM »
Yup, yellow season it is.  Must be our almond tree.  
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 16:22:46 PM by Rindaloo »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf