Author Topic: yellow season here again  (Read 3305 times)

Offline miaspyro

yellow season here again
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:23:30 AM »
oh great the yellow season is here again, i believe it is the pollen from the fir trees, here you can taste it in the air especially after the high winds yesterday, everything indoors and out has a film of pollen on it. Anyone else have problems with it and any advice on a good antihistamin mild as this is the only time i have problems.  many thanks

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
yellow season here again
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 13:59:13 PM »
we usually have it quite bad in Uzumlu and Mr Pookie (you note, NOT me !) has been seen on hands and knees scrubbing the yellow from between the tiles on our veranda !!  We have never suffered any hayfever from it though.  Watch out where you hang the washing or your whites won't be whites any more !!!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
yellow season here again
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 15:55:20 PM »
It isn't yellow season in Uzumlu yet. Least it isn't yellow season with our tree (maybe it's running late.  We're hoping the pool grouting is finished before then, because yellow grout will NOT be the look we're aiming for...

I don't think I am affectd by the pine pollen, which is a good thing with such a huge pine in the garden.

Offline calvin 1949

yellow season here again
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 04:42:23 AM »
Pool has a yellow film on the top this morning so i guess its on its way!!!

Offline farmer

yellow season here again
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 21:41:29 PM »
It is not a pollen deposit.
It may look yellow on a pond / swimming pool, but it is Orange  in most of the Fethiye / Calis area. Just the normal seasonal Saharan dust, propelled by the recent warm winds.

Though it may cause some people minor respiratory medical problems, antihistamines will be of no use at all. If you are susceptible to this dust the local medical advice is not to brush it away but to wash it away with copious amounts of water.

Regards,

Farmer

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
yellow season here again
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 23:52:55 PM »
I shot an MPEG of the pollen coming from one of the flowers on our pine in 2008, that was mid April.  Not sure when the season begins though.  Just one flower releases an amazing amount of pollen.  I was truly shocked.  No wonder the pool, pool terrace and dogs get covered in it at that time of the year.  And then when you look around at how many trees are all around us, its small wonder the air turns hazy.  I feel sorry for anyone affected by it.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
yellow season here again
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 08:56:40 AM »
Farmer  - it most definitely is pollen and it most definitely is yellow !!!  if you would care to go and scrub my ceramic tiles you will see what colour it is !!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
yellow season here again
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »
Pookie, are you here now??!!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
yellow season here again
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »
:(  no, but I've been attacked by the yellow stuff for the past four years and remember being told to drink the local tea if we suffered with hayfever from the pollen.

Don't worry Rindi...you'll know when the Pookies have arrived !!!: :):D

Offline miaspyro

yellow season here again
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 13:43:32 PM »
sorry farmer but i must agree with pookie, this is most definatly pollen, the dust which you just get used to is indeed orange, however the pollen gets everywhere it covers your furniture, balconies, and all soft furnishings, i also get a yellow dust film on my glasses.  When travelling home today there is like a yellow haze in the mountains where we have had pollen and no rain.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf