Author Topic: Missing Post ?  (Read 7356 times)

Offline busybee

Missing Post ?
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 17:32:04 PM »
We have lived here for 5years now and Mick's cousin has religiosly sent the local papers every month(well Southends football pages) in an A4 envelope.  Without fail the left hand corner is always torn open, its as if they have opened it a bit to see wots inside, even though its got printed papers on the envelope.  Not complaining, just wondering why they do it, cos at least we still get post.

Offline kevman

Missing Post ?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »

On Tuesday I was summoned to meet the PTT Director at 2.30 p.m. this last Wednesday and quickly finding
some postless people to accompany me, visited his office.  He informed us through the translation of my poor husband who was roped in, that he was taking me to court. We all discussed our post problems and he smiled, waved us goodbye with promises of an investigation.

Later on when I reached home I was invited to attend a press conference at Land of Lights, Saturday 11 a.m.
Meanwhile we watched local TV news last night and the PT Director was on telling that the ex pats came to
see him and thanked him. He went on to say that we were making stories of parcels and letters, of which their was no proof, to get insurance money.

Today I attended the press conference to tell my side of the story. This now is the important part,

Press conference      PTT OTOGAR         Tuesday, 6th April     2.30 p.m.

They want about ten people and some Turkish people as well to attend to prove that its not just an
ex pat problem but everyone affected by the lack of post. If anyone would like to attend, please let me know.

Best wishes xxx Anita

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Missing Post ?
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »
I will be there Anita. Presumably the part where he said that he was going to take YOU to court was missed out of the interview!! bet he didn't mention the 100 e.mails and over 90 signatures that you have collected either from people who have had post go missing. Letters, packages, cards etc. Does he think we are all going to put in fraudulent insurance claims. How ridiculous.

Offline kevman

Missing Post ?
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

To Everyone,

I have CANCELLED the meeting with the press scheduled for Tuesday, 6 April at 2.30 p.m. WHiCH WAS TO HAVE TAKEN PLACE AT THE OTOGAR PTT.

The reason being that the Press are only out to make news and I am being set up as the stooge. The post office
Director wants to take me to court this would be good ammunition for him.  Any public gathering without permission is now considered to be illegal.  Suddenly the post has started appearing again and Amazon has started an investigation too! I haven't stopped the campagn but it will be taking the form of letters to higher Govt. departments.

Thank you everyone    Watch this space.   xx Anita

ANITA  and NADiR ASAR

Offline peecee

Missing Post ?
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 17:06:19 PM »
I wish you luck, Anita.
Can't understand why the Director wanted to take you to court?  On what grounds, for complaining?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Missing Post ?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 23:41:56 PM »
He said it was because we complained about the post office in the Land of Lights.

Offline peecee

Missing Post ?
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »
So will he be suing the land of lights for publishing it?

Offline mavigoz

Missing Post ?
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
After waiting ages for 4 uk parcels, i received the 1st one today, that was posted on 29th March.
Others were posted prior to this so i wonder if they will get here at all.
I have had a postbox for years and can honestly say, no problems before.
Since the new year everything has been painfully slow but no-one knows why.

Offline Vix

Missing Post ?
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 15:34:06 PM »
well the saga continues for me, got very irate today :( package waiting on app had wrong address on it - even though been at same address for 5 years and it was from my dad who writes/sends stuff every month and has the labels saved on his pc!!! never had a problem before but app its been sent back to uk  dont know how thats going to happen as had no return address on it! will keep persisting with this as its an important package im waiting for (typical eh lol)

anita thanks for pursuing this on all fronts for everyone, shame that they are threatening to take you to court :(

Offline gromit1959

Missing Post ?
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 22:02:17 PM »
My Mum lives in Fethiye and I've told her I will send her no more post as I am sick of her post not being delivered!  She even got herself a PO box as another expat said they had one and always got post ok.  Hasn't helped at all!  I'm not impressed with the Turkish postal system (post I send at the same time to Germany always arrives ok!)

Any suggestions how to sort this problem would be appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf