Author Topic: Missing Post ?  (Read 7357 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Missing Post ?
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:40:22 AM »
One resident wonders where all the post is going and asks for your help to get the problem resolved.

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/6112-the-mystery-of-the-disappearing-post.html

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Missing Post ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 15:40:17 PM »
A good idea. All my post has gone missing since Xmas. Small packets and Birthday and Mother's day card. Very Unusual as I have never had a problem before.

Offline corbindallas

Missing Post ?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 15:41:53 PM »
I posted about this problem in the Uzumlu section of this forum and was surprised no one else responded back with simular problem, despite myself and our neighbours having post and packages going missing recently it appears we are unique in our loss of post here???

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Missing Post ?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 17:46:34 PM »
I have written to Anita about the article in the Fethiye Times. It will be in the Land of Lights this week. Please could anyone who has had this problem send her an e.mail? it is very distressing when mail goes missing and downright inconvenient when it is a driving licence!!

Offline kevman

Missing Post ?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 19:13:49 PM »
I wrote about this in February having received no mail since Christmas.It was our Silver wedding in February and knew that around 8 cards had been sent from England an also letters from nieces. Needless to say they never arrived. Our Digiturk bill was sent to us 2 weeks ago and still isn't here.Considering that the Christmas cards arrived in 7days what has happened since.
The guy in the office upstairs at the PTT assured me my mail will come but he didn't know when!!!!
I have written to Anita, in the meantime maybe we should go and sort our own mail!!!!!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Missing Post ?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 20:57:51 PM »
It all seems to have gone pearshaped since Xmas. I have stopped having my mail delivered here until it is sorted out...

Offline maximumtom

Missing Post ?
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
My house is not actually in the street that is the official address of the block - letters with my official address have never got to me ( I have seen some dumped in the grass in the middle of the block). For letters from the UK, I give the street that the house is actually in and, until Christmas, never had a problem.  Since Christmas, I have received no mail from the UK . I know that one Valentine's card went astray - I am feeling unloved :(
I have e-mailed Anita.

Offline leedsutd

Missing Post ?
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 14:34:36 PM »
even with a pobox in fethiye which was suggested by the ptt,bills such as turk telecom etc dont even find their way there

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Missing Post ?
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 16:06:22 PM »
Last November/December we sent my birth certificate and our marriage license to UK and it never arrived.  Well where are they.  There is no way of knowing if they vanished at the UK end (Christmas or the RM strike action) or the Turkish end.  Whichever way it goes, its a shame and a pain.

Offline farmer

Missing Post ?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 21:40:17 PM »
I live in the Calis area. Over the past five years postal deliveries to my home have been a bit erratic.
Particularly, and somewhat oddly, I rarely get a delivery of just one item of post. Most delveries are of a batch of post. When such a batch includes items which originate from the UK they are often postmarked by as much as a month apart. I have not received a TTNET ADSL bill for the past 7 months.
I contacted the PTT head office in Fethiye about this situation last year. Their reply to me ( my best stab at a translation ) was that
" After investigation their conclusion was that deliveries to my home address were found to be efficient and timely ".

It brings to mind the situation which arose  some two years ago when there appeared to be a hiccup in the mail deliveries in the Yakamoz/Boazici area at Christmas time. So much so that the the PTT had delivered a large basket load of mail to one of these Restaurants
for customers to browse through to see if there was anything for them! Out of curiosity my wife and I browsed through the hundreds of cards and letters to see if there was anything for our friends who lived in the area.
There was none.
Neither was there any post addressed to ANYONE with a Turkish name.

Farmer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf