• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Rooney
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 15:05:40 PM »
I have to take my mind off LUFC somehow :(

Offline Robw

Rooney
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 15:41:14 PM »
Sky sports news just announced he is out for two / four weeks. I`m not a Man U fan but love to see the lad play no mater what city he comes from and if England has any chance in the World Cup we need him fit.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Rooney
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 15:44:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Robw

Sky sports news just announced he is out for two / four weeks. I`m not a Man U fan but love to see the lad play no mater what city he comes from and if England has any chance in the World Cup we need him fit.

Hence my real reason for this post - Manu have relied on him too much this season and England will pay the price. Don't be surprised if he comes back in 4 weeks, gets injured again and misses the WC.

Oh well - we have Heskey ;)

Offline Robw

Rooney
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 15:48:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

quote:
Originally posted by Robw

Hence my real reason for this post - Manu have relied on him too much this season and England will pay the price. Don't be surprised if he comes back in 4 weeks, gets injured again and misses the WC.

Oh well - we have Heskey ;)

Agreed Stoop and lol @ Heskey :D

To be honest id rather see Rooney out for six weeks and have him fit for the WC  8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Rooney
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 16:32:32 PM »
I love the last sentence in this quote:

Midfielder Darren Fletcher, speaking after the Bayern defeat, knows that Rooney's absence will have an impact on the Red Devils, but is confident they have players in reserve who can help fill the void.

"It would be a massive blow for us if Wayne doesn't play because he has had a fantastic season," said Fletcher.

"He scored again for us and he is quite obviously one of the best players in the world.

"But we have other good players. If Wayne isn't available, we will rally round.

"Berbatov, Valencia and Giggs came off the bench against Bayern so we still have a lot of quality."

Offline javacoffee

Rooney
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 22:23:34 PM »
I'll send you my son's spare man utd duvet cover and posters, you're obviously a red as you just looove talking about manchester united. It's pity I never sussed it sooner I had 5 spare tickets for next Wednesday but they've gone now. I'll sign you up for a Fred The Red birthday card and a manchester United membership. Your a fountain of manchester united facts your fergies font of knowledge, you are Mr. Manchester United.

can you Pleeease tell me what score it will be on Saturday, the team and what exactly is wrong with Rooney's ankle, oh and how much will our season tickets be next season. keep it up I can talk man utd all day, cheers.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Rooney
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »
Heres some more stas for you Java,

The man who has scored the most goals against the top eight is a man playing for one of the top eight. That man is Didier Drogba, who has hit eight goals against Chelsea's top eight rivals this season (against Arsenal (4), Everton (2), Spurs and Villa). He will be looking to add to that tally at Old Trafford on Saturday - and at Anfield too - and of course he didn't play any part in the 7-1 win against Villa!

Darren Bent, is joint second on the list with six goals. He has scored against Chelsea (2), Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton this season, Craig Bellamy, Frank Lampard and Louis Saha have also hit six goals against top eight sides - that's more than the Premier League's top scorer Wayne Rooney.

Top scorers against the current top eight sides:

EIGHT: Drogba
SIX: Bent, Bellamy, Lampard, Saha
FIVE: Rooney, Fabregas, Kuyt
FOUR: Torres, Malouda, C. Cole

Tinx ;)

Offline javacoffee

Rooney
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »
Ah! A Chelsea fan, Drogba, he's a bit of a girl sometimes but when he's on form he is unplayable. I hope his girlie side comes out on Saturday as I think you are right, he probably will score if the man side of his game comes out. I mean if he stops screaming and falling down. Although I will be having a bet on Lampard to score Chelseas first but, I see the point your making. More Chelsea players have scored, 22 goals, phew! If you don't win after a stat like that then erm it won't really mean anything.

Like I said I'd take the draw now, anything but a loss, I think whoever wins this game would go on to win the league. The draw leaves it in the balance for us but a loss for utd would be too much. I hope we win though, obviously.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Rooney
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
Turns out that Rooney complained about his ankle just before the game. The medical staff checked it and said he was OK to play. How that decision might come back and bite them on the nuts.

Java - 5 spare tickets? No thanks - I'd rather have teeth pulled.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Rooney
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 16:46:10 PM »
Comfirmed on the BBC news this morning that it is ONLY a sprain, so should definitely be read for The World Cup.
Gordy,
(Then again, I'm a Scot, so what do I know about football??,)just thought that I would get that little bit in first!! [8]: :):D 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf