Author Topic: How to stop the Tories  (Read 5322 times)

Offline davidzz

How to stop the Tories
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 18:55:07 PM »
quote:
all this talk makes me wonder which party got the country into the terrible financial mess its in at the moment/.

It was the U.S. republican party!!

David

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 19:02:31 PM »
Another reason I can't stand Cameron - when he calls the financial strife we find ourselves in he calls it "Gordon Brown's recession" - it isn't and it's a low shot to think he can make us believe it is by continually referring to it as that.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 09:00:27 AM »
Well, it looks like we will spend a day talking about a "Progressive Coalition" - sounds good doesn't it? Until you realize it is Lab, LibDem, Scot Nat and Welsh Nat shuffling about to see if they can cobble something together. Then Cameron will become PM with LibDems reluctantly propping him up.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 09:17:50 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Another reason I can't stand Cameron - when he calls the financial strife we find ourselves in he calls it "Gordon Brown's recession" - it isn't and it's a low shot to think he can make us believe it is by continually referring to it as that.

He's not going to take blame himself is he? After all he wasn't the man in No 10

What about Labour sending out leaflets to old people telling them the Conservatives would stop free bus passes etc etc? Cheap shot?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:18:25 AM by stoop »

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
under the tories maggie gave the right to buy council home for many this was a leg up onto the property ladder.most jobs "created"under labour have been in the public sector not the private sector of the market. also more business's started under tories than under labour.I remember the three day week when the miners held up coal to the power stations, under ted heath.and the binmans strike etc, looking at uk from turkey you must still have the rose coloured sunglasses on.We need PR not polar politics, and should plan for the future now with new power stations, new coal mines etc.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
Delusional  and deeply floored memories there C1, a bad result for labour and a terrible result for the country
Thankfully a balanced parliament will keep  the worst of the Tory excesses at bay and may just force Cameron
into accepting electoral  reform.

Or maybe I'm just as delusional as you ;)

Offline Firo

How to stop the Tories
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 19:26:42 PM »
Bad result from Labour????
It was better than the result they deserved to get after getting the UK in the mess it is. It took them 13 years to achieve that, God knows what they'd have achieved if they had won...They'd probably have managed to bankrupt the UK whilst keeping their gold plated, non contributory, pensions in tact but I guess some might think they deserved that.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2010, 22:47:47 PM »
If we only had a 'like' button Fi  :)

Offline cheers

How to stop the Tories
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 22:54:53 PM »
Maybe we should have had the **** off button like Simon Cowell and friends have on the 'Britain's got talent' show

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the Tories
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 23:15:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cheers

Maybe we should have had the **** off button like Simon Cowell and friends have on the 'Britain's got talent' show

****off then ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf